Back in the end of 2011 Blizzard implemented a feature known as "Call to Arms". This was introduced to reduce waiting times inside the Dungeon Finder by handing out a reward to certain specializations.
The reward for when there was an shortage of i.e Tanks or Healers, would be a "Satchel". Given to the specialization if they signed up and completed the dungeon. These Satchels contains appropriate loot for the current expansion. Gold, items, etc.
This addon scans the Dungeon Finder/Raid Finder for when Call to Arms is active.
If there is an reward available (Legion - Shattered Satchel of Cooperation), you will be notified.
If there is a satchel for (Tank/Healer/Dps) from Instance X it will notify you with warning that you can get a Satchel from Instance X for Specialization Y.
How do I use the addon?
- '/ss3 toggle' This will show the Mainframe of the addon.
- '/ss3 config' This will open the configuration page.
- '/ss3 reset' This will reset the addon to it's default settings
- '/ss3 reset-counter' This will reset the satchel counter
- '/ss3 start' This will start the scanner
- '/ss3 stop' This will stop the scanner
- '/ss3 faq' This will open the FAQ/About page
Once the addon is open:
Press 'Start' to start scanning and 'Stop' to stop scanning
Pressing X will hide the frame and you will have to show it again by using /ss3 toggle
The addon still scans while being hidden, if an satchel is found the Main window will show itself.
You can currently scan for Satchels from Heroic/Mythic/Timewalking and all open Looking For Raid wings! The addon will automatically resize itself depending on your scanning options.
You can currently choose to do the following
- Play Soundwarnings when an Satchel is found.
- Show an raidwarning when an Satchel is found.
- Scan while inside an instance, allows you to find satchels while inside an instance or pause while you're inside it.
- Scan while in group, allows you to find satchels while in an group that are usually hidden by default while in a group.
- Change the scanner interval (How often the scanner checks the Dungeon Finder/RaidFinder if there is an Call to Arms)
- Choose between scanning for either, Tank, Healer or Dps.
- Choose multiple dungeons and raids.
Q: Is it true that DPS can recieve a Shattered Satchel of Cooperation?
A: Yes. DPS can receive Satchels from both Dungeons and Raidfinder, while uncommon that CTA is being called for DPS it does happen on occasion.
Q: Why does Satchel Scanner list that an Satchel is available when I'm in a group but when I open the Dungeon Finder there's nothing there?
A: This is Intended and not on my end. You will have to leave your Party/Raid to be able to Queue for the Reward. Note: Queuing while inside an group will not give you an satchel.
Q: Why doesn't Satchel Scanner scan while inside an LFG/LFR Queue?
A: This is intended. While inside an LFG or LFR Queue the addon will not scan for satchels. This is because it already assumes you've queued up for an Satchel.
Q: Will you add the option to Auto-Queue when an Satchel is available?
A: No. This will never make it into the addon.
Q: The addon just says "Scanning..." is it still working?
A: Yes, unless something have changed in the game this text will change when an satchel becomes available.