RSA is an addon that can announce spell casts to various chat channels. There is a large selection of abilities for each class that RSA can announce, such as interrupts, defensive cooldowns, and utility spells e.g Soulstone.
Alpha releases on Curseforge from this point forward will be for the new version of RSA. This new version has a lot of core code rewritten with the main feature being able to add your own spells. This is a true alpha in that various things don't function at all, and there are still multiple planned additions that are simply completely missing from the configuration window. You will be able to break this version of RSA so you should only use alpha versions of RSA from this point forward if you are happy to help me test out this new version and give feedback on it. If you want a stable version, please stick to beta or release versions of RSA which will continue to be uploaded based on the "old" version of RSA.
Classic support will be coming with this version of RSA as it is much easier to swap in and out different sets of spells, as well of course the ability to add your own making multiple versions of the game easier to support.
Options & Features
You can open RSA's configuration window by typing /rsa in chat. You can alternatively go to the addon settings tab in the Interface options, and find RSA in your list of addons, which has a button to open RSA's configuration panel.
You can configure RSA to only send messages when you are doing certain content or under certain conditions:
- PvP: Choose whether to enable in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and War Mode (BFA).
- PvE: Choose whether to enable in manually formed Dungeons, Raids, LFG Dungeons, LFG Raids, or out in the world when War Mode is off.
- Choose whether to only announce in Combat
- Whispers can be set to ignore the PvP & PvE settings to allow them to always whisper targets. Useful if you always want to let someone know when you're resurrecting them for example.
- The messages sent by RSA are completely customisable, you can add several messages (as of BFA) for each announcement, and RSA will choose a random one to use each time.
- You can remove messages by simply clearing the box containing your message and pressing enter, this will remove it from the list of potential messages.
- If you have no messages for a given spell or section, then it will not announce.
- You can use the Tags below in your messages to make your messages more informative.
Every spell uses the first two tags, other tags are usable only on spells where they would return anything useful.
- [SPELL] will be replaced with the name of the spell.
- [LINK] will be replaced by a clickable spell link of the spell cast.
- [TARGET] will be replaced with the target of the spell.
- [AMOUNT] will be replaced with the amount of damage or healing done.
- [MISSTYPE] will be replaced with Immune/Blocked/Resisted etc.
- [AURA] will be replaced with the buff or debuff removed by dispels.
- [AURALINK] will be replaced with a clickable spell link of the buff or debuff removed by dispels.
- [TARCAST] will be replaced by the spell that you have just interrupted.
- [TARLINK] will be replaced by a clickable spell link of the spell that you have just interrupted.
Each spell can be announced in a variety of different channels:
- Local - Sends a message locally only visible to you. You can choose which part of your UI this is sent to in the Local Message Output Area in the General Options.
- Instance - Sends to /instance if you're in an instance group.
- Raid - Sends to /raid or /instance depending on what is most appropriate.
- Party -Sends to /party or /instance depending on what is most appropriate.
- Smart Group Channel - Sends to /instance, /raid, or /party depending on what is most appropriate.
- Say - Can only be used inside instances since 8.2.5.
- Yell - Can only be used inside instances since 8.2.5.
- Whisper - sends a whisper to the target. Only available if the target has the potential to be someone other than yourself.
8.2.5 API Changes
Blizzard made an unannounced change to limit ClassicLFG's ability to post LFG messages. Why they decided to also make this change to the live client, I don't know. The end result though is that custom channel announcements are no longer possible, and sending to Say or Yell is no longer possible outside of instances as it requires a button press outside of instances.
Feedback & Support
I've setup a Patreon to go toward my WoW subscription. If you'd like to throw me a dollar to keep my addons working, check out the link below. Cheers.
RSA supports localisation, if you want to help me out by localising RSA, please go to the localisation page on Curseforge.