# Rare Alert Addon - Dragonflight zones, Shadowlands Zones and Northrend (Wrath Classic) zones
The Rare Alert addon is designed to help you cope with the large number of rapid spawns of Rares, Events and Treasure Chests in the Korthia and Zereth Mortis zones. These are fast-paced, hectic zones that require you to quickly get to a Rare before it dies. Normally you only have a 1-2 minutes to get to a rare before it is gone, so you need to respond quickly and move to the correct location fast. A lot of rare tracking addons are difficult to use when multiple spawns occur quickly together. The Rare Alert addon reduces the screen clutter and shows a log of all the spawns so you can quickly choose which spawn you want to go to and select that spawn to display a map Waypoint and a TomTom Crazy Arrow (if you have TomTom installed) to direct you to the rare/chest spawn. The TomTom directional arrow is then locked so you can navigate to the correct location without other spawns interfering. The health percentage of rares seen by other Rare Alert addon users will be remotely sync'ed, so that you can decide if you have enough time to get to the rare before it dies. The last seen times of Rares are sync'ed with other Rare Alert addon users when you enter a zone and while in the zone, so you can estimate when a Rare will spawn again.
* Rare List of rares and treasures chests in the current zone and current shard
* Rare Log of rare, event & treasure chest spawn events
* Announce Window pops up when a rare is targeted or a rare is detected nearby
* Click on the Announce Window to announce in General chat the name, location and health percentage of the targeted rare or that the rare is dead.
* Click on the Announce window Target button to target the Rare that has been detected. Useful when searching for a rare, it has been auto-detected and then you want to target it.
* Right-Click on the Rare List or Rare Log entries to Target that rare. Useful when searching for rares at multiple spawn spots.
* Multiple spawn spots for the Time-Lost Proto-Drake mount rare and hunter-tame rares in Northrend zones (Wrath of the Lich King - WotlK) which you can click to give you a TomTom arrow to navigate to.
* Click on a Rare List item or Rare Log entry to create a map waypoint (and TomTom crazy arrow if TomTom addon is installed) pointing to the location.
* Works best with the TomTom addon also installed to display a TomTom Crazy Arrow to point to the selected Entity location.
* TomTom waypoints entered in the Chat window or Pasted using the Paste addon will appear in the Log window so that you can easily select them to create a TomTom Crazy Arrow to each waypoint. This is really helpful to use a waypoint list from Wowhead.com to unlock some Treasures and some Rares. It is best to prefix the waypoint name with the name of the Treasure or rare so that the waypoints can be sorted together by Name in the Rare List or Rare Log.
* If the RareScanner, RareShare and SilverDragon addons are also installed and configured to create a TomTom arrow for a rare spawn, then this Rare Alert addon will add those spawns seen by those addons to the Rare List and Rare Log
* Rares and Treasure Chests which have an internal WoW Tracking Quest will be displayed in red if they have been looted already.
* The Rare List columns and Rare Log columns can be Sorted by clicking on the #, Seen or Name column headings. This makes it easy to see all the spawn times for each Entity sorted by Name, or see which Rares are likely to spawn soon by sorting the Rare List by Seen time.
* The Rare List and Rare Log lists can be filtered easily by clicking on a Check Box to choose whether Rares, Chests and Events are to be included in the display.
* The Sound played for spawn alerts can be turned On/Off easily by clicking on a Check Box on the Rare List and Rare Log windows, or in the addon Interface Options.
* The sound played and sound volume can be selected separately for Rare, Treasure Chest, Event and Unknown entities in the addon Interface Options.
* Highlights which Rares and Chests have spawned today even if you change shards.
* The Rare List and Rare Log windows can be dragged to your preferred positions and Resized to suit the window size that you prefer.
* The health percentage of rares seen by other Rare Alert addon users is remotely sync'ed, so that you can decide if you have enough time to get to the rare before it dies
* Auto-learns the location of new rares and new treasure chests in any zone that have not been defined or seen before
* Detects rares and treasure chests in a zone by the vignettes that appear on the zone map
* Detects rares that are targeted and detects rares that appear in nearby mob nameplates
* Detects rares by Name, Vignette ID, and NPC ID
* Uses internal WoW Tracking Quests to highlight whether a rare or chest has been looted already
* A rare spawn event notification is logged when a rare yells that the spawn event is beginning.
* The Rare Log entries and the Rare List Last Seen Times are automatically cleared at the quest daily reset time.
## Recommended Addons