- Fixed a problem where domination sockets could get counted twice.
- Fixed a minor bug where Pawn's socketing advisor would stay visible when shift-right-clicking an item with a prismatic socket and then shift-right-clicking an item with a domination socket, without first closing the socketing window.
- If you have scale values visible on tooltips (they're hidden by default), you can now hover over the Pawn button when inspecting another player to see their total scores (using your character's scales) on Classic, like you can in Shadowlands.
- Items with only a domination socket will no longer show a blank socketing advisor when you shift-right-click them, since Pawn doesn't suggest domination shards.
- You can now assign a value to domination sockets on an item. For Pawn's default scales, I've chosen a very conservative value for the stat that assumes that you aren't raiding Sanctum of Domination. The initial value I've chosen is 45× the value of Leech, which is provided by the Desolate Shard of Rev which anyone can easily attain without raiding. For someone who does raid Sanctum of Domination and has access to better shards and their class's domination set bonus, this default value will be far too low, so you'll want to increase it to something more appropriate.
- The "color tooltip border of upgrades" feature now works again without errors on the 9.1.5 PTR.
- Incorporated a couple of changes from players on CurseForge that will hopefully improve compatibility between Pawn and ArkInventory.
- Burning Crusade Classic: Added support for new types of items with holy spell damage in English, French, Russian, Latin American Spanish, European Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese versions of Burning Crusade Classic.
- Additional Pawn updates to accomodate changes made in French Burning Crusade Classic, and to fix a bug I introduced in the previous version that only affected French versions of the game.
- Pawn will now once again recognize specific schools of spell damage on items in French Burning Crusade Classic. (Other languages, Classic Era, and Shadowlands were not affected.)
- Made a couple of small changes to help make French compatibility problems easier to fix in the future.
- For the curious, in French it's normal to put a space before AND after a colon, as in "Équipé : Augmente...". Sometimes, Blizzard uses a "non-breaking space" instead of a regular space before the colon, and a regular space after, which is also common. Unfortunately, they're not consistent; sometimes they just use two regular spaces. And you can't see the difference, but to code, those two spaces are as different as A and Z. With this change, Pawn will now always treat non-breaking spaces and regular spaces the same.
- Fixes a harmless but annoying error that could occur when interacting with socketed items in Shadowlands.
- Fixed a few bugs relating to meta sockets in Burning Crusade Classic. The base values of helms with meta sockets will be (correctly) somewhat higher after this change, and the current values of a fully-socketed helm (if you have those turned on) may be significantly higher.
- Fixed a problem where Pawn couldn't read the damage stats on the few rare crossbows that deal an exact, non-random damage with every attack (Crossbow of the Albatross, Fine Light Crossbow) on French versions of Classic Era and Burning Crusade Classic. Other languages and other crossbows were not affected.
- Added some additional debugging information to help me understand some tricky aspects of gem calculations in the future. (That means even more chat spam when debug mode is on!)
- When using the option to ignore gems while leveling (which is enabled by default) on Burning Crusade Classic, Pawn will now no longer suggest that you use gems on items with an item level below 100. This means that those items will get lower values, and also that Pawn will no longer suggest using green-quality gems in any item by default. You can restore the (approximate) previous behavior by disabling that option on the Options tab. (That option affects all characters.)
- Added support for more items with spell crit in English and French Burning Crusade Classic.
- A few Shattered Sun / Sunwell gems that don't appear until Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 have been removed from recommendations, since they're not available yet.
- Fixed a bug where socket bonuses would always be ignored on items in Traditional Chinese Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed a bug on Burning Crusade Classic where the Compare tab would show a socket bonus even when it would be better to ignore the socket bonus and only use your best gems. (Item values and upgrade advice were not affected; this was just a display issue.)
- Fixed a harmless error that would appear when logging in on Traditional Chinese versions of WoW.
- Slightly improved performance on Italian Shadowlands.
- Pawn should finish its item calculations about 5% faster now.
- Added support for more types of items with melee and ranged crit rating in French, Latin American Spanish, European Spanish, Korean, and Simplified Chinese Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed an error that could appear when hovering over an item ("attempt to get length of field 'Values' (a nil value)").
- Added support for more types of items with different amounts of spell damage and healing on the same line of the tooltip in Russian Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more types of items with MP5 in French Burning Crusade Classic.
- While leveling in Shadowlands (non-Classic), Pawn will now suggest potential upgrades to heirloom items that used to provide an experience boost, since those items no longer do and there's less of a downside to replacing them.
- Added support for more types of "the Sorcerer" items in Burning Crusade Classic in several languages.
- Added support for more types of items with MP5 in Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more types of items with different amounts of spell damage and healing on the same line of the tooltip in Traditional Chinese Burning Crusade Classic.
- I'm trying out a new workaround for a couple of game bugs that caused Pawn to work much more slowly on Classic Era and Burning Crusade Classic.
- Other than just still not being fast enough, the most likely thing that might break with this change is Pawn missing some of the stats on items that appear in green text, such as ratings in Burning Crusade Classic. (I haven't spotted any bugs with those—but if anything did break, it's probably that.)
- Additional performance improvements that affect all versions of the game.
- Added support for more types of items with crit rating on German Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more types of Wrath items (Fiery Wrath, etc.).
- Added "Thrown weapon" to the list of weapon types that you can add values to (or mark as unusable) on the Values tab for Classic Era and Burning Crusade Classic.
- Classes that can't use thrown weapons have them marked as unusable in the default scales, so by default they won't show as potential upgrades.
- Added support for more types of items with spell damage and healing on the same line of the tooltip, and more with MP5, on English Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more types of items with crit rating on Russian Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed a couple of bugs causing health regeneration on items to not be recognized on French versions of the game.
- Further improved the formatting of how some item IDs are displayed.
- On Classic and Burning Crusade Classic, Pawn will no longer suggest mail as upgrades for hunters and shamans or plate for warriors and paladins before level 40 in some places.
- Added support for additional types of items with shield block rating and dodge rating.
- You can now use Enter and Escape to close the popups that appear when using the Scale tab (export, confirm delete, etc.).
- Pawn will now claim that fewer items have "special effects" on the Compare tab if the "special effect" is something at the top of the item tooltip like "Mythic." (This doesn't affect item values or upgrade advice in any way, just the orange diamond on the Compare tab.)
- Fixed a problem where Pawn was suggesting random items instead of cut Golden Draenite gems. (The item values and upgrade advice were correct; it was just showing the wrong item name. I apologize to anyone who tried to shove a two-handed mace into a yellow gem socket.)
- Fixed a problem where shamans were being treated as if they could dual-wield on Classic Era.
- Added support for items with spell penetration in Classic Era. (They're already supported in Burning Crusade Classic.)
- Added support for the handful of armor penetration items that will appear in later phases of Burning Crusade Classic.
- Worked around a bug in the Russian and Latin American Spanish versions of Burning Crusade Classic that would cause Pawn to show errors if you had items with a healing enchantment or random property.
- Included several gem cuts that were missing from suggestions, including Runed and Teardrop—sorry, casters!
- Fixed a problem where many of the gems suggested on Burning Crusade Classic were being suggested based on stats and colors that they had at different points in the game's history (Wrath or Cataclysm). You should see more sensible suggestions in the socketing advisor, and the values of socketed items may slightly increase.
- Added support for "of Healing" and "of the Prophet" items on Burning Crusade Classic. (Thanks to neaves for tracking down the items and a suggested fix!)
- On Latin American Spanish and Russian, "of Healing" items currently don't show the spell damage granted. Once that bug is fixed, Pawn will need an additional change to handle those items properly.
- Fixed an error that would occur on Burning Crusade Classic when looking at an item that has sockets but no meta socket. (Thanks to ahakola for a suggestion and the many people who reported this.)
- Fixed a minor issue with how some item IDs were displayed (a missing colon).
- Meta gems are now supported. You can manually assign a weight per scale to the special meta gem effects such as "Minor Run Speed Increase" or "1% Spell Reflect"; the stat portion of a meta gem will be calculated for you. (A good starting point is 36× the value of your primary stat.)
- Fixed a problem where Pawn wouldn't work at all on Italian Shadowlands.
- Fixed a problem where feral attack power wasn't working on English Burning Crusade Classic.
- On Burning Crusade Classic, when determining a socketed item's value, Pawn will now decide whether the item's value would be maximized by following the socket bonus, or ignoring the bonus and using all of the same type of gem.
- The socket bonus will also be taken into account for the advice given in the socketing advisor popup.
- The socket bonus will also be shown on Pawn's Compare tab whenever the item's value would be maximized by following the socket bonus.
- Fixed a problem with wands that deal holy damage on all Russian versions of WoW.
- Fixed a problem with some items that grant mana-per-5 on Russian Burning Crusade Classic.
- Pawn now includes colored sockets in the value of an item like it does for prismatic sockets. Colored sockets are assigned a value automatically based on the best gems that fit that socket's color of an appropriate quality level for the item. Like prismatic sockets, there's no way to manually override the value of a colored socket or to fine-tune the quality level of the gem used in the calculation.
- Colored and meta sockets are now shown on Pawn's Compare tab.
- The socketing advisor will now appear for socketed items in Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more items with spell hit rating on Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added the Gems tab in Burning Crusade Classic.
- Gems with Haste are not currently visible, since they won't appear until Black Temple opens.
- The value of stamina in the Classic and Burning Crusade Classic default scales for DPS specs was too high and has been reduced to a more reasonable level.
- Added support for some additional caster enchantments on English Classic and Burning Crusade Classic. (This was accidentally listed in the notes for 2.5.6 in some places, but it's not fixed until 2.5.7.)
- Simplified the look of some item IDs when the Show Item IDs option is enabled.
- Fixed a few problems with items that give bonuses to a single type of magic damage in European Spanish Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for items with feral attack power on Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more items with defense rating on Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more items with hit rating on Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more items with spell hit rating on Simplified Chinese Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed problems with weapon damage in Traditional Chinese Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed a problem with Outland items with melee and ranged crit rating on European Spanish Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed a problem with items with school-specific spell damage on European Spanish Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed the calculation of DPS of wands on Portuguese and Korean Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more Outland items with spell crit rating on Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for more Outland items with the same amount of spell damage and healing on Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed a problem where Pawn missed crit rating on some Outland items in Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed a problem where Pawn couldn't determine the DPS of wands in French Burning Crusade Classic.
- Fixed many problems where Pawn missed stats in European Spanish Burning Crusade Classic.
- Added support for various items with hit rating and attack power that weren't being handled properly before.
- Fixed a problem where items with different values of spell damage and healing on the same line of the tooltip were getting the two stats reversed, even though I literally triple-checked that before releasing Pawn 2.5.
- Minor updates to the German translation.
Introducing: Pawn for the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch.
Important: If you imported custom scales on Classic and are continuing to Burning Crusade Classic, you'll need to update your weights for all of the percentage-based stats when you get the pre-patch. If, for example, your value for Crit is 10, an item that gives 1% crit would be worth 10 points on Classic, but would be worth 80 in Burning Crusade Classic and the pre-patch, because that item will change to have 8 crit rating. Pawn won't make any automatic changes to your custom scales. But, if you're using the default stat weights that come with Pawn, you don't need to do anything.
- Added support for all Burning Crusade Classic languages: English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Latin American Spanish, European Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
- Known issue: The Spanish PTR currently has a bug where items are showing spell hit and spell crit as percentages instead of ratings. Pawn currently processes these items correctly, but once the bug is fixed, Pawn will need an additional adjustment to work again.
- Known issue: The Russian PTR has the same problem with spell hit.
- Added support for new stats: Expertise Rating, Resilience Rating, Haste Rating, Spell Haste Rating, and Spell Penetration.
- Added support for new combat ratings present on Classic gear: Hit Rating, Spell Hit Rating, Crit Rating, Spell Crit Rating, Dodge Rating, Parry Rating, Block Rating, and Defense Rating.
- Added support for items that give different amounts of spell damage and healing on the same line (Amulet of Flowing Life, etc.).
- The default stat weights on Burning Crusade Classic have been updated to accommodate the combat ratings change.