ItemVersion adds information to your tooltip about when an item was added to World of Warcraft.
- Clearing your bags and bank of old stuff
- Identifying loot from your transmog runs
- Looking back on WoW history
- A complete database of when every item was added to the game, including
major.minor.patch.buildversion and expansion name, such as
Version: 220.127.116.11216, Expac: Shadowlands.
- Where-you-need-it accesiblity in the item tooltip.
- A queriable library for retrieving this information for other addons. (Docs coming soon.)
- Weekly updates with the latest items. A refreshed release will automatically occur (at least) every Tuesday at 16:00 UTC, just slightly after reset.
- Open source visibility.
Just install the addon like normal and mouse over any item! More configuration may be available in the future.
- I think an item has the wrong version.
First, verify it on wowhead.com. If wowhead does in fact disagree with the data in ItemVersion, please create a GitHub issue.
Often, items are added towards the end of an expansion that actually used in the next expansion, making them appear to have too early of a version. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do in these cases -- the canonical version is better than making something up.
- An item actually is misversioned or An item is missing or I found a bug or I want to request a feature.
Create an issue on the GitHub project page
- I want to submit a change
Fork the project and make a pull request!
Copyright 2021 Tim Martin
Licensed under the GPLv3: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html