ItemVersion adds information to your tooltip about when an item was added to World of Warcraft.
- Clearing your bags and bank of old stuff
- Identifying loot from your transmog runs
- Looking back on WoW history
- A complete database of when every item was added to the game, in
<major>.<minor>.<patch>.<build>format and with expansion name, such as
Version: 188.8.131.52216, Expac: Shadowlands.
- Where-you-need-it accessibility in the item tooltip.
- Lua API exposed for use by other addons.
- Weekly updates with the latest items. A refreshed release will automatically occur (at least) every Tuesday at 16:00 UTC, just slightly after reset.
- Open source visibility.
Just install the addon like normal and mouse over any item!
See the API page
- I think an item has the wrong version.
First, verify it on wowhead.com. If Wowhead does in fact disagree with the data in ItemVersion, please create a GitHub issue.
Often, items are added towards the end of an expansion that actually used in the next expansion, making them appear to have too early of a version. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do in these cases -- the canonical version is better than making something up.
- An item actually is misversioned or An item is missing or I found a bug or I want to request a feature.
Create an issue on the GitHub project page
- I want to submit a change
Fork the project and make a pull request!
Copyright 2021 Tim Martin
Licensed under the GPLv3: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html