GuildHelperClassic is designed for guilds and guild members. It allows players to share information with other guild members and helps members find trade work and adventure companions.
HEADS UP: This is an addon early in development, hence the 0.x.y version. You can expect updates weekly, daily, or even multiple times in a day if I get a lot of work done. Please check often to stay up to date!
The addon provides a new window that can be moved by clicking and dragging it. The window displays the following information in a tabbed view:
- 1. Guild roster view
- 2. Guild bank alt inventory
- 3. Guild class summary
- 4. Configuration options
The roster will only show basic information (player name, class and level) until guild members share their character data using this addon.
The data shared is character name, race, gender, class, level, primary professions (if any) and role (manually selected), NO talent data is collected or shared. The data allows the addon to show more information about guild members in the roster listview (icons & professions etc).
To open and close the addon window use the minimap button or the slash command /ghc open in the chat window.
By default, your data is automatically shared with other members of your guild that use this addon. You can disable the auto share feature through the configuration window.
Guild Bank System
Classic doesn't allow for a guild sharing bank deposit/withdraw system and I'm not aware of any way to replicate this feature. To use the Guild Bank feature in GuildHelperClassic:
- 1. Create a "Guild Bank Alt" and promote this alt to either the highest officer rank or Guild Master.
- 2. While logged in with this character visit the bank and talk to the NPC so that your bank frame opens. Addons, including GuildHelperClassic, cannot access the bank inventory unless you explicitly have it open.
- 3. The Guild Bank Alt's bank, additional bank bags, character bags, and money are automatically scanned and shared with guild members who have GuildHelperClassic installed when the Bank window is closed. As of version 0.1.3, use of the slash command /ghc scangb should no longer be necessary.
- 3. The "Guild Bank" contents will then be available to view by guild members who have the addon installed, even when the Guild Bank Alt is offline.
- 4. "Guild Bank" data can only be sent to guild members who are online when the scan occurs. Players can share the Guild Bank data to other guild members who might have been offline during the scan by using the Share Data button found in the Bank tab of the addon window.
If you encounter any errors or have an suggestions please create an issue (bug, enhancement, proposal) over on Bitbucket or post a comment here with details including the version of the addon you currently have installed.