v2.2 | moop | Saturday, 8th September, 2012
- Fixed a minor UI bug.
- Localisation updates - deDE/esES/esMX/frFR/ruRU.
- Replaced IsRaidOfficer() with UnitIsGroupAssistant("player"). Thanks to Dracula!
- Bump TOC to 50001.
v2.1a | moop | Friday, 24th February, 2012
- Priest: Report Spirit of Redemption deaths with an asterisk (*) next to the player's name.
- Increase the amount of time for deaths to be displayed as Fatality: Player > [Death] from 1 second to 2 seconds in an effort to reduce erroneous reports.
- Added /fat on and /fat off commands as a convenient way to enable/disable the addon without having to open up the configuration UI.
- Localisation updates - ptBR/ruRU/zhCN.
v2.1 | moop | Thursday, 2nd February, 2012
- Lots of minor optimisations to the way data is stored.
- Several bug fixes related to Unknown deaths.
- Unknown deaths are now reported as: Fatality: Player > [Death]
- Increased the default minimum amount of recorded damage from 0 to 5000.
- Added localisation support for Korean (koKR), Brazilian Portuguese (ptBR), Russian (ruRU), Simplified Chinese (zhCN) and Traditional Chinese (zhTW). Visit http://goo.gl/STSrx if you can help out with missing/inaccurate translations.
- Added a new option - Source: Include who caused the damage.
- Hunter: Better Feign Death detection.
- Priest: Tweak Spirit of Redemption handling.
- Warlock: Implemented Life Tap damage recording.
v2.0 | moop | Sunday, 15th January, 2012
- Fatality now has a brand new user interface! To access it, type /fatality or /fat.
- Added localisation support for German (deDE), French (frFR) and Spanish (esES/esMX) - other locales (koKR/ptBR/ruRU/zhCN/zhTW) will be included in future updates. Visit http://goo.gl/STSrx if you can help out with translations.
- Improved Unknown death detection. For example, when a player jumps off the boat at Warmaster Blackhorn or from Deathwing's back on the Spine encounter, their death now should correctly be reported as Unknown.
- Spirit of Redemption deaths should now be fixed once and for all.
- Added several new options:
• Promote: Only announce if promoted.
• LFR: Enable inside LFR.
• Raid: Enable inside Raid Instances.
• Resists: Include resisted damage in reports.
• Absorbs: Include absorbed damage in reports.
• Blocks: Include blocked damage in reports.
• Whispers: Send announcements via whisper.
- Fix a minor bug introduced in v1.2.6 where if the user entered an instance with Fatality disabled, then enabled it, it wouldn't register correctly.
• • • As always, if you experience any problems or have any suggestions, leave a comment! • • •
v1.2.6 | moop | Tuesday, 3rd January, 2012
- Fatality's enabled/disabled option is now stored globally, meaning that if it's changed on one character, it'll be changed for all characters. Other settings remain character-specific.
v1.2.5 | moop | Wednesday, 30th November, 2011
- Report players as "Player" instead of "Player-Realm" inside Raid instances.
v1.2.4 | moop | Tuesday, 29th November, 2011
- Saved variables are now stored per character, which means you'll have to reconfigure your settings on each character you have Fatality enabled on.
- Fix DAMAGE_SHIELD and DAMAGE_SPLIT events. Damage events like Thorns and Hand of Sacrifice should now be recorded.
- Added an option to announce spell schools. This is enabled by default, type /fat school to disable.
- Added better detection for Spirit of Redemption deaths.
- Bump TOC to 40300.
v1.2.3 | moop | Wednesday, 29th June, 2011
- Updated COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED arguments for 4.2.
- Removed old code which made use of UNIT_HEALTH to determine deaths.
- Bump TOC to 40200.
v1.2.2 | moop | Wednesday, 27th April, 2011
- Updated COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED arguments for 4.1.
- Fix SPELL_INSTAKILL announcements.
- Bump TOC to 40100.
v1.2.1c | moop | Friday, 18th February, 2011
- Fix invalid "Report cannot be sent because it exceeds the maximum character limit of 255." errors.
v1.2.1b | moop | Friday, 18th February, 2011
- Fix /fat history command.
- Accept "SELF" as a channel regardless of the case when setting the output.
v1.2.0 | moop | Tuesday, 8th February, 2011
- Fatality is now fully configurable in-game! Type /fatality list for more information. Note that, from now on, you will not need to edit Fatality.lua to set the addon up - it's all done in-game, meaning that settings will be saved between updates and you'll only ever need to set it up once. Please report any bugs you may experience!
- Added an option to set different numbers of reports for 10-man and 25-man raids. By default, 10-man is set to 5 and 25-man is set to 10.
- Added an option to set a minimum threshold for recorded damage. By default, this is set to 0, i.e. all damage will be recorded.
v1.1.8b | moop | Sunday, 26th December, 2010
- Fix reporting players as "Player" instead of "Player-Realm" inside Party instances.
v1.1.8a | moop | Monday, 13th December, 2010
- Added an option for reporting to custom channels inside Party instances.
- While in random dungeons, players from other realms will now be reported as "Player" instead of "Player-Realm" since the realm isn't really relevant information.
v1.1.7a | moop | Sunday, 12th December, 2010
- Make sure to re-check instance type when Fatality has been enabled/disabled while already inside an instance.
v1.1.7 | moop | Sunday, 12th December, 2010
- Added an option for reporting inside Party instances as well as Raid instances. This is enabled by default, set PARTY_REPORTS to false to disable.
v1.1.6 | moop | Monday, 8th November, 2010
- Revert back to using UNIT_HEALTH combined with Overkill to hopefully fix some of the erroneous reports; this technique is only used in instances with other phases, i.e. Sartharion/Halion.
v1.1.5 | moop | Sunday, 16th October, 2010
- Use Blizzard's new and improved Overkill argument to determine deaths.
- Remove old UNIT_HEALTH death-detection code.
- Bump TOC to 40000.
v1.1.4 | moop | Thursday, 2nd September, 2010
- Fix reporting to custom channels sometimes not working.
v1.1.3 | moop | Sunday, 22nd August, 2010
- Refactored a lot of the code to (hopefully) be more efficient.
- Potential fix for reporting deaths as Unknown on "other phase" fights, i.e. Sartharion/Halion. Please report any issues.
- Added an option for short numbers, i.e. 9431 = 9.4k. This is enabled by default, set SHORT_NUMBERS to false to disable.
- Added an option to report to self. Set OUTPUT to "SELF" to enable.
- Added an option to report multiple damaging events. This is set to 1 by default, increase EVENT_HISTORY as you wish. Note: Increasing this number beyond 3 will likely result in messages failing to be sent because they exceed the 255 character limit. If OUTPUT is set to "SELF", there is no limit to the number of characters that can be printed.
v1.1.2 | moop | Thursday, 10th December, 2009
- Added an option to include raid icons. This is enabled by default, set RAID_ICONS to false to disable. This feature is particularly useful for Penetrating Cold deaths in Phase 3 of the Anub'arak encounter.
- Changed the default number of reported players to 10.
- Bump TOC.
v1.1.1 | moop | Tuesday, 6th August, 2009
- Added an option to include Overkill. This is enabled by default, set OVERKILL to false to disable.
- Bump TOC.
v1.1.0 | moop | Saturday, 11th July, 2009
- Increase the time check between the last damage event and the time when UNIT_DIED fires from 0.5 to 2 seconds (before reporting the source of a player's death as Unknown). I've tested this locally over the last few days, and it seems to be working perfectly, please report any issues you may experience.
v1.0.9a | moop | Tuesday, 7th July, 2009
- Attempt to fix reporting Spirit of Redemption deaths twice.
- Switch to using a player's GUID as a table key instead of their name.
v1.0.9 | moop | Monday, 6th July, 2009
- Report the source as "Unknown" when there is no combat log event for a player's death.
v1.0.8 | moop | Wednesday, 24th June, 2009
- Possible fix for erroneous reporting when there is no combat log event for a player's death, for example, falling off the tram on the way to Mimiron.
v1.0.7 | moop | Friday, 19th June, 2009
- Check for ENVIRONMENTAL_DAMAGE, i.e. deaths from Falling, Drowning, Fatigue, etc.
v1.0.6 | moop | Saturday, 13th June, 2009
- Now records every hit players take and outputs the very last one before they died, regardless of whether there was overkill or not. This should eliminate the rare cases where a player dies from exactly as much damage as their remaining hit points.
- Check for SPELL_INSTAKILL. Tank deaths from Meltdown on Iron Council hardmode should now be reported correctly, as well as Paladins who died from Divine Intervention.
- Check if a player is feigning death before reporting them as dead.
- Changed the default number of reported players to 5.
v1.0.5 | moop | Sunday, 7th June, 2009
- Added the option to report to custom channels.
- Reset the counter when we enter an instance, as well as when we enter combat.
v1.0.4a | moop | Monday, 1st June, 2009
- Bump TOC.
v1.0.4 | moop | Monday, 1st June, 2009
- Added a slash command to enable/disable the addon: Type /fatality or /fat in-game. This setting persists between sessions. (default: enabled)
- Not sure why I thought criticals/crushings could be either 0 or 1, updated code to reflect values of nil or 1.
v1.0.3 | moop | Sunday, 31st May, 2009
- Bump TOC.
- Add default values to comments.
- Now only checks if we're inside an instance when required.
- Set default delay between announcements to 0 seconds instead of 1 second.
v1.0.2 | moop | Friday, 29th May, 2009
- Added the ability to toggle/format timestamps. Check lines 4 and 5.
v1.0.1 | moop | Monday, 25th May, 2009
- Initial release.
v1.0.1 | moop | Monday, 25th May, 2009
- Initial release.