Enemy Cooldown Count (ECDC)
This is a simple but powerful addon, that allows you to track cooldowns of all nearby players.
When you target a player, that players cooldowns will be displayed.
ONLY ENGLISH CLIENT IS FULLY SUPPORTED. THE ADDON WORKS ON GERMAN, RUSSIAN, KOREAN & CHINESE CLIENT BUT IS NOT FULLY TRANSLATED.
TBC SPELLS NEEDS TRANSLATION.
PLEASE MESSAGE ME HERE OR ON DISCORD (Swagkhalifa#5709) IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP TRANSLATE THE ADDON!
In order to deal with the short combatlog range that we have in Classic, the addon is build in a way so it shares data (cooldowns being tracked) between all users of the addon. Normally you would only be able to track player actions that are done within 50 yards from your character, but with this data sharing functionality you will be able to track player actions that are done within 50 yards from other users of the addon. It is required to be in group with other users, in order for this to work.
To configure the addon, navigate to the interface options, select the addons-tab and select ECDC in the list, or simply type /ecdc in the chat.
Configuration (for versions older than 3.0.0)
In order to configure the addon, use the following slash commands:
- /ecdc - Prints all the commands.
- /ecdc show - Shows the ECDC button (not the cooldowns).
- /ecdc hide - Hides the ECDC button (not the cooldowns).
- /ecdc size 1-5 or 0.5 - Sets the size of the cooldown icons.
- /ecdc row 1-2 - Displays the CD icons in one or two rows.
- /ecdc info - Prints additional information.
- Hold left-click on the ECDC button to drag it around.
- Left-click the ECDC button once to enable/disable the addon (it will enable itself again automatically after relogging or reloading.)
- Right-click the ECDC button once to switch between vertical and horizontal grow.
The addon has a few "flaws" that I can't do anything about unfortunately;
- If an enemy rogue use Preparation while in stealth it does NOT reset his cooldowns.
- If an enemy rogue use Preparation, or an enemy mage use Cold Snap, while out of range, that also does NOT reset their cooldowns.
- Tracking Rocket Helmet cooldown for horde warriors can be a little funky and unreliable sometimes. This is because horde warriors have access to another item that shares the exact same on-use-effect as the Goblin Rocket Helmet but with different cooldowns.
If you relog or do the /reload command, all cooldowns will be wiped. This, however, is a design decision.
Q: The addon does not seem to track everything, why is that?
To begin with I made this addon solely for my own use, so the addon is tailored around my own preferences and what I find necessary to track. Also the addon is meant to be for PvP primarily, so all PvE spells such as taunts and threat reduction spells has been excluded. If there is something you feel must be added, then let me know in the comments however I will only consider PvP related stuff for now.
Q: Some cooldown timers seem to be incorrect. Is this a bug?
It could be a bug, BUT I have adjusted a lot of the cooldowns according to talent points and set bonuses that affects them. For example, warriors Intercept has a 30 second cooldown, however the set bonus from pvp gear reduces this cooldown by 5 seconds, and since it is very common for warriors in pvp to have this set bonus, the cooldown is set to 25 seconds in the addon.
Q: How come I can't see warlocks Spelllock or Sacrifice cooldown?
You can but you would have to target their pet because it is actually the pets cooldown. A bit inconvenient, I know but it's not something that I can do much about because there is no way for me to tell through the combatlog who the pets owner is.
Q: ECDC does not seem to track PvP trinket in TBC, why?
It does, but only inside arena. The reason is that Blizzard made the pvp trinket aura hidden, which means it cannot be seen/tracked in the combatlog. Hopefully they will revert this change at some point as it doesn't make any sense, but untill then we just have to live with it.
Suggestions & future development
All suggestions are welcome but as of now I probably wont be making too many changes aside from performance improvements if necessary.
Please reach out to me here or on discord (Swagkhalifa#5709) if you would like to help translate the addon. Thanks!
Shout-out to Daggith/Daggie from the realm Korgath, for all the work he put into the original addon!
Please read 'Flaws', 'FAQ' and 'Known bugs' before asking any questions.