Hello there, fellow travelers!
If you ever thought "Oh, where did they move the city portals this patch?" or "What portals can I even use?", "Which one is useful if I want to be faster in Zereth Mortis when I'm standing in Caverns of Time?" or just "Is there a faster way than the one I'm using all the time?" this addon might be helpful for you.
Since there have been several changes to where the different portals are located in Azeroth (like the city portals, that were in dalaran, in the pandaria shrine but now they're only in the bfa regions), I wanted to map them, the ships, and other in-build-not-boring-flightpaths to get an overview. Turns out it's not that easy, so a little algorithm was born. It grew to an actual window which makes it easier to handle and now feels like it's ready to be used by you as well =)
- finding a path using portals from one continent to another (maybe some path you didn't even think of)
- finding paths for your character, or change the settings (faction, where you've quested and unlocked portals, whether you want to use Hearhstones or Mage portals, estimated loading screen time) and look it up for a friend
- finding possible previous or following places, from or to a position (want to know where all the zeppelins in Orgrimmar head to? Not a problem anymore!)
- linking your paths in chat to send them to others
I've added a new feature: you can link your paths in several chats now to send them to others. During testing it sometimes didn't update properly when switching start or destination. To be sure it'll send others the correct way you can use the "Go" button first. And still:
If you find any errors or have any suggestions how to improve the current version, feel free to tell me. There may always be something I'm missing.
I added a WotLk version of the addon. I should have eliminated the misleading paths, that because some things changed from classic to retail. Please let me know if you find some more!
This Addon is available in German and English. If you have better ideas about the wording, feel free to tell me!
Meet me and maybe some other travelers soon on discord (https://discord.gg/PVNHN4UNAz). =)
There also is a video on youtube about the latest updates (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRngtOKgh8).
If something concerns you, don't hesitate to check for new updates here or let me know.
Both Cheepath versions: Added a minimap button.
* Updated to game version 10.1 (portals and internal structure)
* possibility to color mage portals in the path
* new: player position to find the closest point in the list to start
* big internal change of structure. if there are some translations that seem to be messed up, please tell me
Want to donate?
Creating an addon is a lot of work, done in a big part of free time. If you'd like to support my work, feel free to tip me at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sharklah!