One of the oldest pieces of WoW UI is the Quest Frame. After more than 10 years and 5 expansions, the Quest Frame is still the same. Just a couple of minor changes here and there, but nothing too "big".
So, CatchTheWind tries to change that. Instead of a panel with a plain text, CatchTheWind makes the quest dialog more cinematic, using the letterbox technique to make it more "epic". Also, subtitles are shown making the interaction similar to a movie.
Questing from now on will never be the same. CatchTheWind makes questing way more enjoyable, it gives an urge to read the text (an important thing when the game is an RPG).
World of Warcraft has more than 3000 quests, countless hours spent by staff members creating stories for each of one. This addOn tries to make those hours worth something.
A showcase of the addOn can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfb3sbonMA
How to use it:
- Enable the addOn and just enjoy questing.
- You can open the config menu by typing /ctw in-game. Remember to reload after changing any settings.
- It's also possible to use "SpaceBar" to skip the messages.
- "A" and "D" can now be used to select the buttons: "Accept" and "Decline".
- If a modifier is being hold before interacting with a NPC, the addOn won't show up, i.e. you will see the "default" quest interaction.
- While questing, if you find any issue and the addOn is "locked" and you can't do anything, press F10. It should hide the addOn. Report back what happened.
- If you are having issues with your camera, type /ctw fixCam. It's recommend to use it after disabling the "Save View" option.
- Quest Reward Panel suggested by: Krainz
- Previous Quest Text suggested by: MattOzone
- Modifier NPC interaction suggested by: ihithim
- Quest Sound suggested by: benoitheylens (Raffiq)
- French translation made by: benoitheylens (Raffiq)
- Special thanks to: