Adventure efficiently whilst also maximising the storyline, fun and reward possibilities.
BQL also provides essential background lore. It is extensively researched. Much of WoW is based upon events occurring in other games, books and comics. BQL does NOT break immersion for RPers.
- Advises on where to next quest. Sometimes Blizzard provides a choice
- Welcomes you to every zone with suggestions on where to go
- Provides extra pointers for certain interesting or confusing sub-zones
- Many "Lore Extras" are on a slow timer to "drip feed" you lore over a period of days/weeks
- Additionally, some of these need to be unlocked by visiting certain areas, sometimes in a sequence
The longest of these custom "lore chains" begins at the whirlpool south of Lor'danel in Darkshore
- Massive timeline of Warcraft lore from the year -25,000 to the start of WoW
Unique, detailed and accurate. Nothing else like it, anywhere!
- Highlights unusual or interesting quest rewards such as fishing poles, pets, unique gear, etc
- Informs you of potential unique weapon drops, and other rewards, in all Outland instances
- Suggests interesting "vanilla" dungeons to run
- Lore background at appropriate times
Worgen starting experience explained, Kargath, Alleria's Necklace, Nobundo, etc
- Never spoils cut-scenes or scripted events. Just heed his "must do" advice and follow his hints
- Taxi/ship/zeppelin advice for very low level players
- Excellent for first time adventurers or those wishing to slow down and savour the lore
Getting Ready for Legion
Detailed lore for the reassessed Illidan. Also Demon Hunters, Maiev Shadowsong, Tyrande, Malfurion, the Skull of Gul'dan, the Well of Eternity, etc. And yes, Blizzard snuck some of this in as early as patch 4.0.3!!!
How to Instal
This AddOn requires the Best Quest "engine" to drive this module. Instal this module like any other AddOn. Use the installer provided by this website if you really must.
Whenever updating or installing *any* AddOn you *must* quit WoW completely, relaunch, then enjoy!
Introducing Your Guide - Tarocalypse
Tarocalypse has a penchant for noodles and dumplings but this Pandaren is well travelled and wise to the world of Azeroth. "Indeed" Tarocalypse has a few idiosyncrasies you will soon learn to love (or loathe!).
In his own words, he will alert you to "the richest of lore, the funnest of times and the choicest of rewards."
Over a currently showing frame, mouse wheel to navigate through past frames. Click mouse wheel (i.e. button 3) to jump to the most recent. Enter "/bq" in chat if no frame currently showing.
- NOT intended for players rushing to max level or for those doing The Loremaster achievement and generally doing zones out of order.
- Complete from Vanilla through to stepping into Mount Hyjal or Vashj'ir. More to come.
- BQL may present several successive frames from the outset, as it catches up to your current situation.
- Big 4.2MB download. Includes art. All art copyright Blizzard
Enter /bql lam in chat to hear Sylvanas' hauntingly beautiful dirge, performed only to Horde adventurers.
Updates & Favourites
Why not make Best Quest Lore a Favourite and/or use the Curse Installer?
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the cookies & beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to Donate to lend your support! because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend".
How to Report Bugs & Suggest Improvements
Go to Tickets as your issue or idea may already have been listed. Please remove your list of AddOns from any bug dumps. Please identify the module(s) you are using. You might prefer to use the forum on this page and allow the author to decide if a ticket is necessary. It is up to you.