AtlasMajorCities Enhanced 1.16
This addon extends the functionality of the addon Atlas, to browse the major city maps with all important non-playing characters (NPCs). It also include an advanced search function.
Some more functions:
- it uses the in-game city maps (the image folder of the addon include only dummy images, because Atlas require it)
- it overlay labels to the map, using an in-game font (should scale with the used resolution)
- it shows the list of NPCs at a tooltip if the mouse move over a label at the map
- it uses an icon for letter boxes
- new search function, which shows the results also at the map
- the map display shows the player position and facing direction with an arrow like the world map
- actual NPC lists for WoW version 7.3 for the locale enUS, deDE, esES, frFR, ruRU, zhCN, and zhTW
- if the AMCE pull-down menu entry in Atlas is clicked, the actual city map is shown
- the data base is managed by AMCE itself, to save memory (Atlas serves only as viewer)
Relation to AtlasMajorCities: This addon is meant as replacement of AtlasMajorCities. The many changes at the city maps with WoW Cataclysm let me to rewrite the addon AtlasMajorCities, mainly to implement tools for a fast and easy scan of the cities.
The localization of this addon is now open, but only changes to the namespaces AtlasMajorCities_Zone, AtlasMajorCities_Title, and AtlasMajorCities_Comment are used. The other namespaces include only entries scanned in-game and changes will be ignored.
Only fixes for WoW 8.0.1 for now, no map updates yet
If you are interested at the discussion of the new features, have a look at the AtlasMajorCities forum.
- English (enUS/enGB)
- German (deDE)
- Simplified Chinese (zhCN)
- Traditional Chinese (zhTW)
Only text which can be scanned in-game (no comments) is included (because translators are needed) for:
- Spanish (esES)
- French (frFR)
- Russian (ruRU)
To translate the few comments to some NPCs, we need help. If you want to contribute to our addon, contact us there at the side, at the forum, or send a PM.