Dispersion Reticle (+ Server reticles & Reticle size)
Updated and completely reworked mod that adds additional circle displaying fully focused dispersion of a gun.
Original idea by StranikS_Scan, completely reworked by me.
Also, over time, this mod now contains following mutually compatible mods:
- Dispersion reticle
- Server reticle
- Simple server reticle with customizable shape, color, blending, outline presence and transparency
- Latency reticle
- Reticle Size (adjustment in config file)
All features from config file are reloadable on-the-fly using CTRL + P hotkey in the game anywhere.
This mod also supports Mod Configurator by IzeBerg allowing for configuring
this mod using its GUI.
It's also implicitly present in some modpacks
Check Installation section for more info about config file and ModConfigurator.
All of those features can be enabled/adjusted independently.
They are also compatible with "Use server aim" from in-game option.
- adds green reticle displaying fully focused dispersion to vanilla reticle
- when both client-side and server-side reticle is on, it attaches to client-side reticle
- adds green reticle displaying current server-side dispersion to client-side reticle
- basically, client-side position, but server-side dispersion
- by this, client-side and server-side dispersion desynchronization is clearly visible
- useful if you want to know server-side dispersion, but still want client-side responsiveness
- adds purple server-side reticle alongside with client-side reticle
Simple server reticle:
- adds server-side reticle with customizable shape alongside with client-side reticle
- has configurable shape, coloring, blending, outline presence and transparency
- implicitly uses standard server reticle for SPG top view
- original idea by AwfulTanker's Server Marker, but implemented from scratch by me
- controlled by "reticle-size-multiplier" option
- WG's displayed reticle dispersion is noticeably bigger than actual gun dispersion
- it was discovered by Jak_Attackka, StranikS_Scan and others
- by this setting you can scale it to actual displayed dispersion
- good known values:
- 1.0 (default "wrong" WG dispersion)
- 0.6 (factor determined by me)
- 0.5848 (factor determined by Jak_Attackka, StranikS_Scan and others)
Mod is not obfuscated and it's source code is on Github repository.
Forum feedback is located in this thread on forum, but you can also PM me on forum, in game on EU server or GitHub issues.
- Copy "DispersionReticle.wotmod" file (and optionally other *.wotmod files) extracted from zip into "[WoT game directory]/mods/[version]/" directory
- Run a game with mod installed to generate default config file
- Adjust config file to your liking
- Reload it in-game whenever you want using CTRL + P hotkey
- (with Mod Configurator) Open button with "<>" icon in garage and find DispersionReticle section to configure mod
A default config file will be automatically created when you launch a game with my mod installed or when it is not present on config reload.
Full config file location: "[WoT game directory]/mods/configs/DispersionReticle/config.json"
To control which features are enabled, either change it in Mod Configurator or navigate to an above mentioned file and open it using text editor (preferably Notepad++).
If config gets invalid format while editing, reload attempt will just be ignored.
All config options are reloadable on-the-fly using CTRL + P hotkey in the game anywhere.
This mod IS NOT compatible with other mods with similar features as mine.
Current known incompatible mods:
- AwfulTanker's Server Marker (and other similar)
- Jak_Atackka's Fix Reticle Size (and other similar)
Use preferred options from above features for similar functionality instead.
However, it should be compatible with any crosshair mods that changes how crosshair or reticle looks like.
- Mod Configurator by IzeBerg - allows configuring my mod using its in-game interface; thanks to IzeBerg for cool GUI configuration API
- ModsList by POLIROID - allows for displaying button for Mod Configurator; thanks to POLIROID