PLAY AS LINK AND ADVENTURE THROUGH NINE DUNGEONS
*UPDATED 05/31/2020! to Version 4.0.3*
Fully updated for Terraria 22.214.171.124 - A Journey Mode Adventure
Play as Link and fight your way through nine dungeons. Bring peace back to the land of Hyrule and save the princess Zelda!
12 Simple Rules - Create a new Journey Mode Character
1. Throw away your starting items, including Journey Mode wings and turn off Increased Placement Range.
2. You can only buy ammo, potions and throwable items like Shurikens from the vendors.
3. Player one should always grab the chest from the bottom center when four chests are in a triangle.
4. If there are two or more signs next to each other, always read left to right. Golden Tombstones should always be read.
5. Do not take the clothes off mannequins.
6. Weapons and potions dropped from enemies and bosses can be used.
7. Do not use Rope of any kind.
8. Collect Fallen Stars to make Mana Crystals to gain more mana.
9. No breaking blocks, except in Ganondorf's Lair with the explosives given, but you will need to place blocks to proceed after defeating the Eye of Cthulhu.
10. Read the signs carefully, as they point you in the proper direction and sometimes hint at secrets.
11. The only items allowed to be researched are the Large Gems, as a safeguard, as they can be lost easily. Duplicate the Large Gems for their corresponding Gem Locks for upgrades and secrets! No other research should be done.
12. In Journey Mode, set the enemy difficulty to Classic or higher.
- Up to 4 players can coop through the adventure in Journey Mode!
- The rules are the same as the single player rules.
To install the world, simply drag and drop (or copy and paste) the 'A Link to Terraria 4.0.3 - Journey.wld' file inside the zip into "C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds". Launch the game, create a new Journey Mode character and look for 'A Link to Terraria 4.0 - Journey'.
4.0.3 - 05/31/2020 - Updated for Terraria 126.96.36.199
- Must be played in Journey Mode.
- Rules have been updated as such for Journey Mode.
- Journey Mode changes:
- Can research Large Gems, nothing else.
- Must turn off Increased Placement Range.
- Set enemy difficulty to Classic or higher.
- Hyrule Castle has an ecto mist problem, clear it up by completing dungeons.
- Spooky atmosphere added in places.
- Bonus Objective after the initial ending for a new secret ending.
- Spooky atmosphere removed due to so many Golden Tombstones used as special signs.
- Announcement Boxes replaced many Golden Tombstones.
- Minor paint repair and tree tops fixed.
- Major teleporter repair, all teleporters once again functional.
- Added minecarts back in because the default minecart is too slow.
- Dungeon walls will no longer drop in Ganondorf's Lair when sticky bombs are used.
- You can now save and quit after killing the Wall of Flesh and finish later. Previously that was not possible as the world would fail to save as no hallow or corruption would spawn. 1.4 fixed that. Thanks Re-Logic!
4.0 - 04/07/19 - A Link to Terraria 4.0 has been released! Version 4.0 contains new mechanics, new secrets and a fresh coat of paint across the entire adventure
- A fresh coat of paint. Three quarters of the map has seen a visual update with different materials, paint and more sloped blocks added.
- The Seven Medallions(Souls of Might) have been replaced with The Sacred Jewels(Large Gems).
- New secrets are opened up by using the various Large Gems.
- Because the large gems drop when killed, various piggy banks have been placed around Hyrule to safely store your Large Gems.
- The starting dungeon has been updated with new mechanics.
- The Seven Sages each have their own unique style of robes and hats.
- Mundus Village has been redesigned and the Mayor's Vault now contains even more loot.
- Hyrule Castle has been expanded. Introducing the Wizard's Tower, Library, and drawbridge with the Royal Forge getting an upgrade.
- The Town Well has been revamped with new mechanics.
- The Sky Temple has a new beginning section.
- The Earth Temple has a new entrance, making the trek in and out much faster.
- The Elder's Temple has a new Test of Wisdom, replacing the boring maze section.
- Ganondorf's Ship has landed on the map, shattering the Glass Maze it replaced into sand.
- Ganondorf's Ship is anchored in the new desert, just east of the mountain.
- King Slime has a new arena.
- The Water Temple also has a new entrance and a new beginning section was added. Thanks to Vessyl for pointing out how easy it was to sequence break the Water Temple.
- A large part of the Underground Jungle has been taken over with an Underground Mushroom biome lighting the way for you and giving you a reprieve from jungle enemies.
- The Fire Temple has various improvements and balancing tweaks, making some sections harder.
Ganondorf's Lair has a new entrance.
- The section to get the Temple Key has been reworked.
- More secrets including more magic weapons for all the mages out there.
- Added a secret quest to use biome keys that starts in the Wizard's Tower. Much like a classic Zelda trading quest, search Hyrule Castle between dungeons for biome keys that will unlock a friend in Ganondorf's Lair.
- Star World 2 is now replayable thanks to a tip from TheWorfer27. Thanks man!
- Thanks to Terrarian Legends for helping me troubleshoot falling trees in Mundus Village!
- Thanks to the folks to helped beta test version 4.0, your feedback is incredibly helpful. A HUGE thanks to TheWorfer27, Terrarian Legends, Vessyl & Izzy!
- 4.0.1 - Fixed a typo on a sign in the Elder's Temple referencing the wrong sword. Thanks to booklover666 for pointing it out!
- 4.0.2 - Fixed a typo on a sign in the Fire Temple referencing the wrong key. Thanks to CatNinja for letting me know on the forums!
3.0 - 09/13/15 - A Link To Terraria 3.0 has been released! Version 3.0 brings updates to a lot of dungeons, and smooths out the item rewards for a bit more challenge, plus the following:
- Every dungeon has been reworked to some degree. From the Earth Temple's complete overhaul to the opening dungeons new mechanics.
- All mazes have been completely changed in all dungeons. Plus, new maze puzzles included!
- New mini-dungeon post Eater of Worlds.
- Exciting new escape area, no longer will you be relying on Gravity Potions!
- Fixed King Slime not properly spawning in his designated area!
- Even more complex wiring mechanics!
2.1 - 02/16/15 - A Link To Terraria 2.0 has been released! Version 2.0 brings a bunch of updates thanks to Terraria 1.2, like:
- More complex wiring mechanics!
- More secrets thanks to teleporters!
- Some dungeons were completely revamped, while all the dungeons got a nice facelift with colored glass, paintings and other random useless background stuff!
- Plus, there's even more bosses! Fight minibosses like the King Slime and the Queen Bee! And I've also thrown in the Brain of Cthulhu!
Special thanks to all the beta testers!
Super Special THANKS to @BinaryConstruct for his awesome work on TEdit 4!