Yes, the name of this mod is inspired by a mod with a similar purpose for Minecraft!
INTRODUCTION Hello, and welcome to my first mod for TESV: Skyrim. I did not think modding would be this big so early, but I guess Oblivion and TESNexus have left an impression! Anyway, I am a long time modder for Oblivion, and I do have a bit of experience with Gamebyro's file structure, etc. HOWEVER, as you probably already know, there is no official SDK (Construction Set) out for Skyrim, so all mods must be created in a stripped down hexadecimal editor called TESSnip. This means all actual mods (ESPs) will not be of any quality comparable to Oblivion's yet. Please be patient and acknowledge the work done to create mods at this time. I am mainly targeting other people, not just me!
WHAT THE MOD DOES This mod adds a tertiary "sub-skill" to Smithing; Basic transmutation, or Alchemy in the traditional non-ES sense of the word, meaning conversion of metals. This mod allows you to convert two ingots into one higher leveled one. For example, 2 Iron Ingots can be transmuted into 1 Steel Ingot, or EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE, as Alchemists called it. Not all conversion are completely optimal, but they do allow balanced conversion of ingots based on the rarity and value of the ingot. You start out being able to transmute up to Quicksilver, but the Advanced Armors perk allows you to transmute up to Ebony. This is simply because I wanted players to have to work and purchase perks to gain the transmutation ability, not just start the game and be able to convert up to Ebony. Also, with the Arcane Blacksmith perk, you can transmute non-metal smithing reagents such as Dragon Bones and Daedra Hearts.
TRANSMUTATION RECIPES All recipes can be found in the "Misc" section at Blacksmith Forges, so long as you have the Philosopher's Stone in your inventory.
2 Iron Ingots >>> 1 Steel Ingot
2 Steel Ingots >>> 1 Dwarven Metal Ingot
2 Dwarven Metal Ingots >>> 1 Corundum Ingot
2 Corundum Ingots >>> 1 Orichalcum Ingot
2 Orichalcum Ingots >>> 1 Silver Ingot
2 Silver Ingots >>> 1 Quicksilver Ingot
2 Quicksilver Ingots >>> 1 Refined Moonstone*
2 Refined Moonstone >>> 1 Refined Malachite*
2 Refined Malachite >>> 1 Gold Ingot*
2 Gold Ingots >>> 1 Ebony Ingot*
2 Ebony Ingots >>> 1 Daedra Heart
2 Dragon Scales >>> 1 Dragon Bone
One Asterisk = Only transmutable once you have the Advanced Armors perk.
Two Asterisks = Only transmutable once you have the Arcane Blacksmith perk.
1. Purchase a Philosopher's Stone for 500 gold at any of the three merchants. If you want me to add merchants, suggest in the comments. With this stone in your inventory, transmutation recipes will be available to you.
- Tonilia at The Thieves Guild (she sells all kinds of trinkets)
- The Riverwood Trader (so relatively new players can get started)
- Your very spouse! (even the love of your life can help you out)
2. Go to any Blacksmith Forge (There are forges in Whiterun, Riverwood, etc) and go to the Misc section. From there you can begin transmuting basic ingots!
3. Earn the Advanced Armors perk to transmute higher leveled ingots, up to Ebony.
4. Earn the Arcane Blacksmith perk to transmute Daedra Hearts and Dragon Bones! (ooh)
5. Sooner or later you will be an alchemy genius, always having the ingots needed to get the job done!
1. Unzip EquivalentExchange.zip into your Skyrim/Data directory.
2. On your Skyrim Launcher, click "Data Files", then place a checkmark next to EquivalentExchange.esp.
3. If "Data Files" is greyed out, go to My Games/Skyrim and open SkyrimPrefs.ini. Paste the following ABOVE the FIRST line of the ini. You should be ready to go.
4. Play the game! Read the above section on how to get started with transmutation.
THANK YOU! Thank you for downloading and playing my mod! I do hope this helps you out. If you have any bug reports or suggestions, please comment! - Suckitude