Video guide about gadgets configuration and capability
It have six parts:
- Part 1. Standart Rift UI setup
- Part 2. Addon Gadgets setup ( Heal_profile )
- Part 3. Addon Gadgets: Buffs setup ( for Heal_profile )
- Part 4. Addon Gadgets setup (how to make DPS profile from our HEAL profile)
- Part 5. Addon Gadgets Macros setup
- HowTo create your own unit frame
All of them you can find here
Write here your thoughts about what you wish to be added or change with Gadgets.
I create "How to" pages, where i'm write frequently asked questions.
Lost Your Button?
If you ever lose your Gadget button, type /gadget reset into chat to put it back in the centre of your screen.
- Added aileen's changes (http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/addons-macros-ui/315634-addon-gadgets-67.html#post5353056)
- Fixed mouseover issue for raid frames ( aileen )
- Change UnitFramePreset (you need to recreate it if you have).
- Add preview to UnitFramePreset.
- Clear code(trim trailing space)
- Delete not necessary images
- Update game version
- Fixed error: Currencies Text Bar
- Fixed error: XP Bar
- Fixed error: get error when open Settings without any layouts
- Buff Bars
- Buff Icons
- CPU Monitor
- Cast Bar
- Cast Bar Presets
- Charge Meter
- Combo Points
- FPS Monitor
- FPS Monitor
- Faction Panel
- Free Memory
- Group Frames
- HUD Arcs
- Planar Charge
- Raid Frames
- Range Finder
- Range Traker
- Reload UI
- Soul Vitality
- Stat Text Bar
- System Usage
- Unit Frame
- Unit Frame Presets
- XP Bar
- XP Percent
Buff Bars and Icons
Please check out the Gadgets:Buffs addon, if you want more advanced buff/debuff tracking.
You will see a round button with a Gear icon in the middle of your screen. Drag this button to where you want it by left clicking and dragging.
Right click on the button and choose 'Add Gadget' to add a gadget to your screen.
Left clicking on the button will unlock (and re-lock) all of your gadgets. When unlocked, Gadgets can be moved by dragging their movement handles (the white gear icon at the top corner of each gadget).
To alter an existing gadget, right click on it's movement handle while gadgets are unlocked, and choose 'Modify Gadget'.
When moving gadgets around on the screen, you can align them to another gadget by dragging the move handle over the top of another move handle. The gadget you are dragging will align itself either horizontally or vertically with it. If you move the gadget too far from the horizontal or vertical axes, alignment mode will turn off (it should hopefully become clear when you try it!).
Typing "/gadgets grid 8" for example, will snap all movement and resizes to an 8 pixel grid. Type "/gadgets grid" with no number to reset snapping.
The raid and group frames allow you to specify macros for various mouse buttons and the mouse wheel. These are standard RIFT macros, with a couple of extra Gadgets features:
Use @unit to refer to the unit the frame is showing. For example "cast @unit Healing Breath".
Use modifer it you want:
cast [shift] @unit Symbol of the Torch cast Symbol of the Sun
Use the following syntax to have a macro carry out different actions depending on your current role:
:if role == 1 or role == 6 then target @unit :end :if role == 2 then target @unit cast Healing Spray :end :if role == 3 or role == 4 or role == 5 then target @unit cast [shift] @unit Symbol of the Torch cast Symbol of the Sun :end
Save, load and delete your profiles. How to save, load and delete your profiles you can see on my video guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7bcidyFv8&;
I have borrowed some images from other people. I believe the licenses on these sources allow this, but if not, I will replace them.
- Various bar textures from LibSharedMedia (WoW addon)
- Orb images from Roth UI (WoW addon)
- A few images from the Rift Fansite Kit
If you store your addons not in the my documents folder. This case you need to manualy download Gadgets but not with Curse Client.