This pack aims to be one of the hardest but most rewarding experiences on CurseForge! There is no shame in turning down the difficulty level! The pack is focused on quality over quantity, and keeps the vanilla spirit! Thank you all for downloading the pack and for all the kind messages and feedback!
THE 1.18 VERSION OF THE PACK IS STILL IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT
Thank you so much 300 000 downloads!! Holy moly that is a lot 🤯🤩
- Mods with good textures that fit the Vanilla style
- Mods that makes the gameplay harder
- Mods that makes the gameplay more rewarding
- Mods that are well balanced with other mods in the pack
- Mods that extend the exploration aspects of Minecraft
- If a mod does not add anything new, useful or unique to the game, it will not be added to keep the pack relatively lightweight
(A few mods might be heavily configured to fit the modpacks vision)
A benefit of this pack being lightweight, is that it works well with shaders! 😁 Here are some beautiful sights with the SEUS Renewed shaders!
Here are some older non-shader screenshots:
(More images in the images tab)
Just a few examples of what this modpack offer:
- New ways to navigate your world! You can now wall-jump, wall-slide and grab edges!
- Much tougher mobs and more treaths in your world!
- New dungeons to explore, and hard challenges to overcome!
- A great focus on quality over quantity - less is more!
- A beautiful new Overworld to explore!
- Many quality of life improvements, like a toolbelt to quickly change between tools with a radial menu!
Progression and challenges!
Press "L" to have a look at the all new advancements! Useful for guiding you trough some of the new mods, this will keep you busy!
Full modlist for 1.16.5 (Release version):
For now use Relations or take a look at the file contents on "Files"
Let's Plays of the pack!
Slightly Vanilla is sponsored by BisectHosting! 😁 This is exciting because it means that we have an official server for you to play on, and best of all; a code for a great deal on your next Minecraft server!
Server IP: slightlyvanilla.net
(The server is the 1.16.5 - 2.5.0 version!)
If you want to make a server of your own, you can use code "ramoddi" to save 25% off your first month!
They make it super simple, and they support modpacks, mine included! (I recommend a plan with at least 4gb RAM for my modpack)
Making a Slightly Vanilla Flavoured server with them is super easy! 😊
I highly recommend them! They have 24/7 support, and have helped me whenever I have had questions or wanted help!
Here is the link to their site!
We have a Discord! If you have something to discuss or suggest, or if you want to participate in the server, this is the place!
(Discord logo is clickable!)
Q: How hard is this pack?
A: Mobs do 2x damage, and I add mods that makes Minecraft harder, like harder mobs and mini-bosses. If you want an easier experience, set your difficulty level down or remove the mod “Altered Damage”!
Q: Can you add X mod to the pack?
A: The best place to ask for mod suggestions is the Discord’s "mod suggestions" page! I am pretty strict and follow the “SVF's vision” bullet points very closely! I tend to reject a lot of mod suggestions, even though many of the mods are great. I LOVE getting mod suggestions from you guys! 😊 (Also, do keep the suggestions to a sensible amount!)
I do my best to make this pack feel as focused as I can make it!
As they say: Less is more!
Q: I found a bug!
A: Thank you for telling me about it! The best place to share bugs is on my Discord, as there I can more quickly ask more questions if I need to!
Q: Can I stream this pack / make videos with this pack?
A: Yes, feel free! I would also looove to see it if you want to share it! 😁
Q: Do you have a server file?
A: As I am 1 person and can’t spend as much time as I would like making things like server files for each release. I am sorry for that, but I try my best to give you 3 options!
The simplest: We have an official server to play on! IP: 188.8.131.52:25565
If you travel a bit from spawn it feels like playing on a private survival server!
- The second simplest: The amazing people at BisectHosting has automatic set-up of my pack on their server hosting! It costs a bit of money though (Use the code "ramoddi" to save 25% off the first month!). It’s dead simple and they have 24/7 support! Every time I have been stuck or had questions, I have contacted them, and their help is fantastic!
The least simplest: Making the server pack yourself! I recommend googling “how to make a server pack minecraft”, as that has helped people figuring it out in the past!
The best way to get the mod-.jars and configs is to download the modpack from the Twitch Launcher, and open the folder from the settings there! There you will find the "mods" folder and the "config" folder.
We have a helpful Discord where you can ask for help!
Check out my other modpack! Slightly Cinnamon Flavoured! 😁 It is made for people that want a bit more spice, like new dimensions and a few more tech mods!