Revelation (but less terrible)
Revelation is a kitchen sink pack featuring a wide variety of classic and fun mods. It is in no way intended to infringe on the validity of the similarly-named FTB modpack, we are simply looking to improve on the ideas presented by it using improvements to the client-side of the modpack and other related services.
Please also note that this is not a "flavoured" version of FTB Revelation, as the FTB team will tell you in their community outlets; it is fully compatible with any server running FTB Revelation. The modpack is designed to improve on the basis that FTB Revelation provides.
We also provide a dedicated server with full proprietary feature sets and staff available at all times through our Discord.
The modpack features large well-known mods such as Twilight Forest, EnderIO, Applied Energistics, Thaumcraft, Botania, Thermal Expansion, Immersive Engineering and Project Red, alongside lesser known mods such as Rustic, Gadgetry, Thut’s Elevators and xnet.
Details of Significant Changes (updated as changes are made):
- Addition of too much cynicism.
- Performance-centred default options which aim to make the out-of-the-box experience more fluid, so you can get right into playing!
- Addition of BetterFPS to help improve performance.
- Addition of Sledgehammer to provide a variety of patches and performance enhancements.
- Addition of CraftingTweaks to provide a more intuitive crafting experience.
- Addition of NoMoreRecipeConflict to prevent recipe conflicts.
- A main menu GUI overhaul to bring a more simple, bare-bones, and less tacky feel to the user interface.
- Addition of a default dedicated server listing to provide a reliable and fully staffed multiplayer service.
- Removal of MineTogether, as it causes major conflicts with most common forms of chat formatting, and adds unnecessary overhead for features many people don't use.
- Removal of SplashAnimation, because who needs an animation before the splash screen?
- Removal of FTB Auxilium, which sends data about your system and game activity to FTB.