Blossom is a small bright flower with a unique scent. A kitchen sink pack leaning towards the uncommon and unknown with just enough of the familiar to ease players in to its eccentric grasp. Blossom leans in to the weird side of modding and presents a world full of exploration opportunities and reward, without punishing players too harshly for venturing out beyond the walls of their fortress.
Blossom asks the player to design and build a storage/sorting system from the vast array of parts, tools and mechanics available. Applied Energistics 2 is in the pack, but it has been moved to late game. Certus quartz does not spawn in the world and must be created with artificial mining machines or found as loot. Sky stone and inscription presses can not be found and must be manufactured by the player. Your storage system will also require significantly more power than normal. Alternatives systems can easily be constructed with a wide array of parts available to tempt players in to engineering a solution rather than rushing to build an AE2 system.
The pack is designed to allow you to build and play with all of the toys early and often. Blossom has very little tweaking and no progression system in place (except the changes to Applied Energistics 2). So go nuts, build an airship and fly around looking for dragons. Build a railway to transport jackfruit to an autosmelter running on thorium. Build a stargate network to move around your world. Build a hut out of mud and put a nuclear reactor in it. Construct the ultimate endgame items, The Galactic potato!
Blossom has a lite pack variant which should be slightly more server friendly. The lite version removes the dimension mods (and mods that depend on them) to help reduce server loads. The pack still has the mining dimension mod so you can dig and reset to your hearts content. The normal and lite packs are otherwise identical.
- This pack requires between 6GB and 8GB of memory. I recommend 8GB for the best preformance.
- During testing the pack took between 7 and 8 minutes to load on my testing computer. Your mileage may vary, but load times will be on the longer side.
- When running a servers, change your level-type to ‘customized’ and add the line ‘defaultworldgenerator-port=03fa43f1-a623-11e9-a5b9-4ccc6ab8f17d’ to your server properties file. If you do not do this, the server will hang before world generation and wait for the administrator to specify the world generator.
- World pregeneration is highly recommended for servers as a number of additions to world generation may report cascading world generation lag.
- Due to the size of the loot tables, servers may spam ‘Tried to over-fill a container’ during world generation, this may result in some containers spilling a small number of items in to the world during generation. This appear to occur only with minecarts-chests.
Some other notable features include;
- A customized overworld
- New mobs to cuddle or kill
- Lots of new potion effects and enchantments
- Alluvial ore deposits
- Built a scanner to help locate those precious diamonds
- Travertine for all of you high class flooring needs
- Poison yourself with deadly radiation
- Armour made of literal cactus
- A literal Meat shield
- Baubles and artifacts to find as loot
- Chests and barrels in every flavour of wood.
- Blue Redstone
- Sleeping bags AND tents for that authentic camping experience
- Little Tiles to make totally custom doors
- Wall-jump! To help you parkour!
- Put a cow in a jar
- More food to cook than is sane or reasonable
- Spice of life: carrot edition; up to 100 additional hearts on offer.
- Make literal absinthe for your friends
- Make armour from candy canes
- Smack zombies with a frying pan
- Summon ice giants to hug creepers on your behalf
- Clock work pickaxes
- Hit things with a variety of hammers
- Use lasers to make draconium
- Acquire super powers
- Tame owls, snakes, hippogryph and doggos
- Many small utility mods
- Construct the ultimate endgame items, The Galactic potato!
Always backup your world when updating!
Full mod list for mainline version of the pack. May include sub-mod modules.
Applied Energistics 2
Armory Expansion - Construct's Armory
Armory Expansion - Custom Materials
Armory Expansion - Ice and Fire
Armory Expansion - MatterOverdrive
Aroma1997's Dimensional World
Attained Drops 2
Auto Network Lib
Bad Wither No Cookie! Reloaded
Binnie's Extra Bees
Binnie's Extra Trees
Blood Magic: Alchemical Wizardry
Botania Needs These Things!
Botania Tweaks Core
Cooking for Blockheads
CraftTweaker JEI Support
Custom Starting Gear
Default World Generator
Duplicate Entity UUID Fix (DEUF)
End: Reborn III
Extra Cells 2
Farming for Blockheads
Faucets and Filters
Forge Mod Loader
Grappling hook mod
Ice and Fire
Just An Ore Processing Compatibility Addon: Ore Chunks
Just Build It
Just Enough Energistics
Just Enough HarvestCraft
Just Enough Items
Just Enough Throwing In Fluids
LibrarianLib Stage 2
Max Potion ID Extender
Metallurgy 4: Reforged
Minecraft Coder Pack
No Night Vision Flashing
No Recipe Book
Not Enough Items
Not Enough Roofs
Not Enough Wands
OpenComputers Xnet Driver
Realistic Item Drops
Rockhounding Mod: Core
Rough Mobs 2
Seeds For Electroblob's Wizardry
Smooth Font Core
Spice of Life: Carrot Edition
Super Sound Muffler
Tesla Core Lib
Tesla Core Lib Registries
The One Probe
The Twilight Forest
Unlimited Chisel Works
Unlimited Chisel Works - Botany Compat
Vanilla Food Pantry