REQUIRED DATAPACK: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/customization/bug-fix-conductive-copper/files/all due to a bug, the following datapack was not included in the mod. These will be added in the next release, until then, please add these.
This is a Fabric mod requiring the Fabric api for 1.19.2 found here
Wild mod: Conductive Copper is the first part in a series of mods related to wildly requested features and missed opportunities related to the wild update. With this first step, I introduce several redstone changes.
- Copper conducts redstone signals similar to redstone dust. The more oxidized the copper is the more the signal degrades.
- Blackstone buttons now work for half the time they used to, making them different from stone buttons.
Introducing: Copper buttons - They work like stone buttons but with press times of 5, 15, 25, or 35 depending on oxidation level.
- Craft with a single block to get 9 (standard button recipe, not crafted with ingots)
Introducing: Copper Pressure Plates - They detect the number of items in the inventory of entities on them. If the cumulative inventory of the entities on it is large enough, they'll output power.
- Craft with 2 blocks to get 9 (standard pressure plate recipe, not crafted with ingots)
- Comparators have unique behavior with copper
Copper oxidizes slightly faster
- further increased if exposed to water
- copper that has a full charge oxidizes faster
This mod adds 2 important new tags
- chargeable_copper: Copper blocks that charge each other. It defaults to all copper blocks waxed and unwaxed (not cut copper)
conducts_copper: Redstone components that can be powered by copper.
- Defaults to all components except wood doors, wood trapdoors, fence gates, and redstone wire.
- Copper will always recieve power from redstone independent of if redstone itself can be powered by copper.
Copper will charge adjacent copper blocks with its power level minus 1 (same as redstone dust). Any copper that has been oxidized or partially oxidized will reduce the signal by an additional 1 level per oxidation level. Thus fully oxidized copper taking in a signal strength of 15 will output 11 to its neighbors.
When read by a comparator copper gives a fractional signal:
- Copper: 1/2 charge level rounded up (15 -> 8)
- Exposed Copper: 1/2 charge level rounded down (15 -> 7)
- Weathered Copper: 1/4 charge level rounded down (15 -> 3)
- Oxidized Copper: 1/8 charge level rounded down (15 -> 1)
This behavior also is mirrored if read by the side of a comparator
NEW TO 1.1 Release:
When measure shulkerboxes on copper pressure plates, their content gets counted. This also applies to players who have shulker boxes in their inventory.