Weather, Storms & Tornadoes
The Weather 2 Beta for 1.18 is now live!
Tell your friends! :D
- Improved tornado funnel appearance, able to spin much faster now, looks way more menacing and twisty when forming. Particle driven flying blocks for smoother performance and more visuals.
- Blizzards with snow buildup.
- Small dust particles in the air and on dirt/sand/snow to better show off the wind.
- Tornado deflector uses Minecraft's new POI system, resulting in the block actually pushing tornadoes away from the area, and makes sure no entities or blocks are harmed while doing so.
- Lightning rod support for local storms lightning.
- Mobs now receive slow falling buff upon tornado death to avoid killing off all the wildlife.
- Sandstorms are a bit simpler for now, similar to snowstorms until they are further refined.
- Hail and flying blocks are a particle now for smoother performance.
- You will feel the wind resistance in sandstorms and snowstorms.
- Much nicer entity grabbing for tornado.
- EZ Config has been retired.
- Weather machine, forecast block, wind vane, anemometer, tornado sensor.
- Hail causing damage to player.
- Player fall damage from tornado grabbing.
- More optimized particle shader rendering that vastly improves performance.
- Hurricanes to be revamped.
- Foliage shaders.
Please bear in mind that the new update for 1.18 is a beta release and there may still be some bugs to be ironed out and features to be re-added.
If you are experiencing crashes, please be sure to upload your crash log text to Pastebin and send us the link so we can investigate. Without this information we can't look into it for you!
Mod compatibilities are still works-in-progress, so if you're wondering if it's compatible with "x" mod, the best way to find out would be to test it and let us know how it goes! That way you can help us identify the issues you find and investigate possible fixes more swiftly. Please be sure to tell us which version of the other mod you are using, as this helps a lot.
Rest assured we're keeping a close eye on any issues and will be pushing fixes when possible.
And yes, 1.19 is coming eventually, but please be patient as 1.18 is the focus right now. We want to make sure 1.18 is the best it can be for you all before tackling the next big task of porting higher.
Thank you all for your incredible support over the years! <3
for a better showcase of the 1.12 version of the mod with images and videos!
- Localized weather! See rain and nastier storms coming in from a distance
- Replaces vanilla clouds with my own particle based ones that are always shifting around
- Replaces rain and snowfall with a particle based one that blows in the wind
- Rain clouds build up moisture from water and moist biomes
- Stormfront system uses biome temperature differences to create nasty storms!
- Improved look of storms from old weather mod
- Forecast block that projects the active storms on a grid
- Machine block that can create various types of storms at that location
- Deflector block that can destroy storms within a 150 block radius to protect your creations
- Wind Vane to show the direction of the wind (Model made by Razz of DecoCraft)
- Anemometer to show the speed of the wind
- User friendly GUI to enable/disable the most common features, comes with advanced options
- Scenes enhanced with falling leaf particles and waterfall effects
- Trees make blowing in wind sound, waterfalls make strong water sounds
- Can enhance snowfall with more gradual smooth buildup (default off, memory hungry!)
- Sandstorms! Spawn in deserts, builds up layered sand, causes intense visuals via fog and particle action
You may use the mod in any modpack you like.