This mod adds three types of worlds that players can access by crafting the corresponding portals: Mining Portal, Void Portal and Garden Portal.
- Each crafted portal will - when first activated by right-clicking - create a new dimension and transport the player there.
- At the location where the player arrives in the new dimension, a Return Portal is placed. Use this to get back.
- Portal blocks can be picked up and moved, even to other dimensions.
- Return Portals can only be moved within the dimension they were generated.
- Server OPs can right-click a new (not yet activated) portal while sneaking to forcibly link to an existing dimension, using a GUI. Linking from within a Utility Worlds dimension to the overworld (via GUI) should be used with caution. The created overworld portal can be in a bad location (coordinates can be specified in UW for 1.14.4+)
Note: For 1.18.2 you will get warnings about experimental settings for custom worlds. You can use Shutup Experimental Settings! to get rid of it if you want.
Note: Utility Worlds for 1.14.4+ currently have clouds in the Void World. This can't be helped at the moment, but may be resolved later.
Common for all worlds
- No weather.
- Always noon (sun at zenith).
Mining World characteristics
- Completely flat.
- No caves, water or lava. Note that other mods may override this behavior, there is no attempt to prevent this.
- Flat bedrock.
- Ore generation and mob spawning as in Extreme Hills / Mountains / Windswept Hills.
Void World characteristics
- Black sky. star brightness is configurable, default is no stars (only in UW for MC 1.12.2).
- Considered a plains biome.
- No structures.
- 9 x 9 stone platform where the Return Portal is created.
- If a player dies in the Void World, the respawn is at the same location as when initially entering the dimension. Keep a block there to avoid death loops.
Garden World characteristics
- Completely flat.
- Only consists of 4 layers of dirt on bedrock.
- No ore generation.
- No mob spawning.