Annoyed by trees that don't respect the fundamental laws of physics? Put those trees in their place with Trees Do Not Float!
When this mod is installed and the last log supporting a tree is broken, the whole tree comes down. Designed to be server-friendly.
Note that TDNF is produced for and requires the Fabric Mod Loader and API.
NEWS: Version 2.0
Version 2.0 removes the
protectPlayerLogs config option. This does not break world saves.
Removal of this feature allows version 2.0 to run server-side only. The mod only needs to be installed on the client if the "keep logs intact" feature is enabled. Players who are building with logs can temporarily disable the block breaking effect by sneaking (or not sneaking, configurable).
This change should also prevent crashes TDNF was sometimes causing during structure generation.
Other improvements in version 2.0 include:
- Multiple trees break concurrently
- Support for large mushrooms
- Support for breaking Wart blocks and Shroomlights on large fungal trees (configurable)
- More reliable breaking for large/unusually shaped modded trees
- More reliable (but not perfect) handling for closely spaced/interconnected trees
- Support for Oh The Biomes You'll Go (BYG) trees
- Configuration Option: Disable fast leaf decay
- Configuration Option: Slower breaking speed
- Breaking limit controlled by tool tier and enchantment level (configurable)
- fallCondition: When do trees break? (NOSUPPORT, LOGBREAK, or USE_TOOL)
- fastLeafDecay: Leaves decay instantly. Ignored (leaves decay) when keepLogsIntact is true.
- keepLogsIntact: Log blocks move to the ground instead of dropping as items. Can be laggy. Leaves alwasy break when true.
- renderFallingLogs: Render falling logs? (Affects client side only.) Can be laggy.
- fallingLogsBreakPlants: Falling logs break leaves and other plants on the way down.
- fallingLogsBreakFragile: Falling logs break glass and other fragile blocks.
- activeWhen: Players can sneak (or not sneak) to disable mod for building. (SNEAKING, NOT_SNEAKING, or ALWAYS)
- breakFungalLeaves: Break large fungal wart blocks and Shroomlamps
- directDeposit: Place dropped items directly into player inventory. (Good for skyblock)
- applyFortune: Apply fortune from axe used to fell a tree. (If an axe was used.)
- consumeDurability: Remove durability from an axe used to fell a tree. (If an axe was used.)
- leafDurability: Tools take durability loss from leaves as well as logs.
- protectTools: Don't break tools when using durability.
- applyHunger: Players gain hunger from felling trees, as if they had broken each log.
- leafHunger: Players gain hunger from leaves in addition to logs.
- nonPlayerLogLimit: Max logs that can be broken by non-player mechanics like pistons, fire and TNT.
- playerBaseLogLimit: Logs that can be broken by a player without using a tool.
- toolTierLogBonus: Additional logs that can be broken when player uses a tool, per tier of tool. Set zero to disable.
- enableEfficiencyLogMultiplier: When true, log breaking limit is multiplied by Efficiency enchantment level.
- stackDrops: Consolidate item drops into stacks to prevent lag.
- effectsPerSecond: Play particles and sounds? Number is max effects per second. 0-20
- maxJobsPerWorld: Maximum number of concurrent breaking tasks in each world. 1-256
- maxBreaksPerSecond: Max log/leaf blocks to break per second, per tree. 1 - 2560
- tickBudget: Max percentage of each server tick that can be used by TDNF in each world. 1 - 5
- maxFallingBlocks: Max number of active falling block entities. 1 - 64
- jobTimeoutSeconds: Tree cutting jobs will be abandoned if they take longer than this number of seconds. Use larger values if breaking speed is slow. 20-1800
If the mod is configured to combine item stacks and the server saves the world and exits before breaking is complete, you may not get all of your drops from a tree that is in the process of breaking. You can turn this feature off so that items always drop immediately, but that will generate more lag. Fortunately, wood is cheap.