This mod was created to support modpacks that did not desire to have fluid based oil. It works just like any other ore spawning randomly in the world. It can be mined with stone tools and turned into oil without needing large mods. The oil item can be combined with a bucket to create fuel or burn in place of coal items at half the burn time of lava.
Oil Ore -> Furnace -> Oil Clump
Oil Clump + Bucket -> Fuel
- All recipes can be disabled
- Recipes can be changed via Voltz Engine or Minetweeker
- Outputs amount of recipes can be changed
- Fuel burn time of oil clump can be changed (Default 10,000 ticks or half of lava's burn time)
- Fuel burn in furnaces can be disabled
- Mining level of ore can be changed
- Ore generation can be disabled
- Ore generation data can be modified (min_y, max_y, branch size, blocks per chunk)
- Random textures
- Random ore drop amounts
- Support for mining bonus
- Different material versions (Sand, Netherrack, Endstone, Gravel)
- Larger Veins
Single Block Mod
The Single Block Mod series is dedicated to creating a wide range of simple single purpose mods. Focusing for most on having one block/unit of content refined to offer as many options and choices as possible. This makes many of the mods in the series perfect for filling gaps in modpacks. Allowing pack developers to reduce the need to include larger mods to complete a feature list.
See our site for other mods in the series http://www.builtbroken.com/addons.html
No need to ask permission, but you still need to follow BBM's public modpack rules
Join us on Esper.net IRC #BuiltBroken #BuiltBrokenModding
or on Discord https://discord.gg/MDQ9DrN
Issues or bugs
If you have any issues please report them to our issue tracker on Github.com. You can get to the issue tracker by clicking the issue button at the top of the mod page. If you do not see this button visit https://github.com/BuiltBrokenModding and navigate to the correct mod repository. If you have a crash report please paste it into a site like pastebin.com before submitting to improve readability of the issue ticket.