A collaborative Mod by Guff1118, ahorner, and Angellus_Mortis designed to overhaul Minecraft and turn it into a massive RPG with skills similar to Old School Runescape.
Now on Curse Forge!
What is RSMC?
RSMC is a overhaul of Minecraft that is designed to turn it into a massive RPG. Specifically a RPG with skills and such similar to Old School Runescape. Some of the skills added include things like mining, smithing, woodcutting, firemaking, and farming. Skills dictate everything you are capable of doing and how well you are able to do it.
So what does this mod have to offer?
It may be better to list the things it doesn't offer. Open the spoiler to see!
Now that you have a general idea of what not to expect from this mod, let's explore the possibilities. RSMC merges many RPG features and elements into the worlds of Minecraft. Not only will you be able to get your hands on new items and blocks, you will experience progression in a game that has very little. You will train and perform various activities to gain experience (exp or xp) and level your skills (24 of them!), craft items in ways you never thought possible, cast magic spells, brew useful potions, among many other things.
Skills Available in RSMC
- Prayer - Coming soon!
- Summoning - Coming soon!
- Hunter - Coming soon!
Each skill affects some aspect of the game that improves your ability to create items, your ability to gather resources, or your ability to defend yourself. For example, starting out, you have a mining level of 1 and you are only able to use Bronze pickaxes and mining copper and tin ore blocks. At high levels, you can mine ores like adamantine, runite, or many others. To find out more about each skill and its use, download the mod!
How to Install RSMC
Curse Client (recommended)
- Download and install the Curse Client if you do not already have it installed. You may need to create an account to log into the Client. Minecraft Forum accounts are valid Curse Accounts. You will also need to enable Minecraft in the Settings located in the bottom left of the client. If you are having any issues getting this set up, check out TKH's tutorial on how to use the Curse Client.
- Browse All Modpacks and install the RSMC - Official modpack.
- Click play and enjoy RSMC!
- Download and install the recommended version of Forge for Minecraft 1.7.10.
- Download the latest Release version of the mod from the Curse Forge files page. Alpha versions of the mod are unstable and should only be used for testing purposes.
- Install the RSMC JAR file into your .minecraft/mods folder.
- Start Minecraft with the Forge profile and enjoy RSMC!
Official RSMC Server
We have an official RSMC Bukkit Server using Towny for permissions. Anyone is welcome to join it and play with us. The official RSMC server will always require the latest RSMC Release version of the mod. No other mods are required to join.
Submitting Bug and Crash Reports
If you encounter any issues while playing RSMC, read the FAQs first. If you are still having issues, head over to the Curse Forge issue tracker and report it. crash-reports require to report any crashes, otherwise it will be disregarded.
Bug reports or crash reports reported in the comments section of Curse Forge or the Minecraft Forums will be disregarded. Use the issue tracker.
All screenshots can be found on the Curse Forge Images page. If you have any awesome screenshots you have taken while playing RSMC, we would love to see them! We may even post them on Curse Forge with the others.
Intro to Skill Guides
Skill Guide: Mining
Skill Guide: Woodcutting
- ahorner - Co-lead, mod programmer
- Guff1118 - Co-lead, mod programmer
- Angellus_Mortis - Co-lead, Server Admin, sometimes mod programmer
- Your Name Here - Minion, programming/art/publicity/tester/possibly anything!
Joining RSMC Team
Check out the related page on joining the team.
See the FAQ page.