Railcraft started off as a simple minecart mod, but it has since become much more than that.
It features a fully fleshed out tech tree, with great effort gone into providing a balanced gameplay.
Railcraft was also one of the pioneer mods when it comes to Multi-Block structures. It features a whole slew of these structures, including the mighty Steam Boiler and the stunningly massive Iron Tanks.
For more detailed information regarding the mod, you should visit the website at http://railcraft.info
- Crowbar - Rapid rail adjustment for the experienced rail engineer!
- Working Signalling System - Never experience another head-on collision again!
- Cart Linking & Locomotives - Make a real train!
- Multi-Block structures - For when magic blocks just won't cut it.
- Boarding and Holding Rails - Never chase your minecart again!
- One Way Rail - Carts going the wrong way? Not anymore!
- Control Rail - Power entire sections of track to propel carts in the direction you want!
- Junction Rail - Putting the diamond in your rails (no actual diamonds required).
- Launch Rail - I can see my house!
- High Speed Rails - Get there faster! If you don't crash.
- Reinforced Tracks - For those nether railways.
- Wooden Rails - Jurassic Park style, only with creepers instead of dinosaurs.
- Elevator Rail - Go up, fast.
- And many more.
- Steam Locomotive - Chugging away all day long!
- TNT Cart - Explosive fun!
- Tank Cart - The easy way to transport Buildcraft liquids!
- Energy Cart - Convenience away from home, bring your IndustrialCraft2 power with you!
- Tunnel Bore - Avoid the monotony of digging perfect tunnels!
- Detector Blocks - More freedom to control your carts!
- Loader/Unloader - Move items and liquids automatically!
- Cart Dispenser - Convenient storage for you carts!
- Iron Tanks - Massive Multi-Block Tanks for liquids.
- Steam Boiler - For all your energy needs.
- World Anchors - Automate things even when you are not around!
- Rebalanced drag rates for carts - Now your storage carts will actually reach their destination!
- Completely new collision code - Carts can now push other carts, furnace carts are almost not useless!
- Names of default minecarts simplified.
- Improved lighting on minecarts.
- Minecart reversal recipes. Separate that chest from that cart.
- All rail recipes completely reworked to make an entire industry out of building a railroad. What good is Buildcraft with nothing to build? (config option)
- Minecarts now have a max stack size of three. (config option)
- Minecarts no longer break into separate parts when destroyed. (config option)
- Minecarts no longer collide with items at normal speeds. (config option)
- Module based system that lets you remove the parts of the mod you dislike.
- Extensive configuration file that allows you to disable any block or item or change the way rails are crafted.
- Full Multilingual localization support.
- Backup Your World!
- Delete any old versions of the Railcraft zip files in the ".minecraft\mods" folder
- Install Minecraft Forge
- Download and drop the Railcraft zip file into the ".minecraft\mods" folder.
- Do not extract or attempt to place the contents into minecraft.jar!
This mod is dedicated to the living God and His son, Jesus. Without His support, this poor modder would have given up years ago. Learn to hear His voice, it will transform your life.