All this mod does is allow you to edit things that are in vanilla minecraft so this means any changes you make with the mod will persist when you remove the mod.
[MapMakingTools is currently in beta for 1.12 expect many updates over the coming days] If you find a bug (there are some) please make an issue of the github repo.
Many of the images were broken so I am currently taking a new set and will have them uploaded soon.
Short list of included features...
- A 'Quick Build' command based world editor to make creating structures simple
- Edit player skulls to have custom heads
- Edit books title and author to how ever you please and revert a written book into a editable one
- Edit the settings of spawners to have custom player detection, max delay, min delay etc
- Create custom villager shops and more
- Apply potion effects onto item potions and customize their colour, type and type/amount of effects the potion has
- Apply crazy enchantments to any item
- Fill dispensers with a click of a button
- Edit an item name and lore choosing colour and text
- Many more, download the mod to make your adventure map a reality!
Quick Build System
This system was inspired by the server side mod 'World Edit', but I assure you that it is completely all my code and has some fundamental differences and new features.
First you will need to get yourself a Wooden axe and be in creative mode. Then to select the two points. To know you have done it right a variation of these two messages should appear when you left/right click on a block.
Position 1 set at (50, 5, 50), 0 blocks selected.
Position 2 set at (100, 10, 100), 12500 blocks selected.
A white line will now outline the selected area, the yellow block outline is the first position and the cyan the second. This will only be visible when holding the Quick Build axe.
Another thing to note is that if there is no block where you want to select then you can do these commands to set the position where your feet are.
//pos1 or //pos2
It will set you selected point 1 or 2 to your current location.
Once you have two points selected there are a some commands you can do to edit the blocks within the selected area with more commands to come. All commands that are in the 'Quick Build' system will have // instead of / when typing the command. These are the commands and are pretty self explanatory.
//set BLOCK META
This will set the entire area to the specified block and meta.
//floor BLOCK META
This will set the bottom layer to the specified block and meta.
//roof BLOCK META
This will set the top layer to the specified block and meta.
//wall BLOCK META
This will set the side layer to the specified block and meta.
//replace BLOCK META BLOCK META
This replace the first block with the first meta to the second block with the second meta.
Any action taken using the 'Quick Build' system will be reverted to it's original state
If you undo anything that will be redone to how it was.
Will copy the selected area ready to be pasted.
Will paste the last copied selection relative to where you were when you copied it.
Will rotate the last copied area and when pasted the effects will take place. Variable ROTATION must be a multiple of 90.
Will flip the selected area in x, y, z axis flipping blocks to, (eg logs, furnace,stairs).
Will deselect position 1 and 2 for you or a given player.
Will set the selected area the specified biome.
Will tell you the size of the area you currently have selected.
Autobuilt Player Statues
These are part of the quick build system, if you select an area that is a multiple of 16x16x33 you can do //playerstatue <hat?>. With being the player you want to make a statue of within your selected area, being the direction the statue is facing - "north", "east", "south"or "west", <hat?> being either true or false.
This is jeb_ 's skin as an example. (Please note you need internet connection for this to work)
Selecting an area and typing the command //maze <block> [meta] will randomly generate a maze in the selected area.
This allows you to transfer up to 1000 blocks from any world/server with the mod on. To access the feature use '//worldtranfer '
The modes being...
--- gui Opens the gui where you can delete and view copied areas
--- copy [name] Copies an area and saves it as the given name
--- paste [name] Pastes the area with the given name
The Block helper allows you to hover over the block in a huge list and it will tell you the name and id and meta. From there you can type the id in manually to the chat or you can right click on one of the blocks it insert it's id and meta straight into chat to be used for the 'Quick Build' commands. If you haven't seen it yet, feast for eyes! You have to be clicking 'left shift' for this to work.
This is mean to allow you to edit item nbt data easily. To edit and item open you inventory and click 'M' (Configurable in controls menu) above the item you want to edit. (It must be a slot from you inventory) it will bring this menu up.
Details on each aspect of the Item Editor
The wrench allows you to edit blocks and entities that can storage extra data to give them 'special' ability. To open up the GUI simply right click on a valid entity or block. It looks like this and depending on what you click on the tabs will be different!
One of the blocks that works is the mob spawner, which can be got by doing the command /give USERNAME 52, as of v2.0.0a there are 4 tabs with the default pig spawner... They are
- Mob Type
- Spawner Settings
- Entity Velocity
- Entity Spawn Location
For the mob armor you can give them a custom held item, helmet, chestplate, leggings and boots. The armor slots to the right is your armor. Do note that most slots that are with in the spawner are phantom slots, which means you can put items in it but you will not loss it from your inventory.
You can also right click on some entities, for example villagers they will allow you to customize what they sell. You can use the '+' a '-' buttons to add and remove the number of trades. The top slot of each column is the first sell item, the middle slot is the second sell item and the bottom slot is the item you are buying. Click OK to set the trades. You can also set the amount of times the trade can be used by right and left clicking on the ? button below the trade.
There will be many more tabs being added to the filter GUI over the coming versions, but for now here is the list of things you can edit using the wrench.
- Inventory Block - Fill the inventory with a item with a stack size of -1
- Dispensors & Droppers - Convert one the other and vias versa
- Chest - Make the inventory symmetrical as possible
- Signs - Edit text after placed and add colours etc
- Spawners - Choose the mob is spawns
- Spawners - Change the timings and other properties
- Spawners - Mob Velocity
- Spawners - Mob spawn location
- Spawners (Monsters) - Turn them into babys
- Spawners (Monsters) - Add held item and armor
- Spawners (Creepers) - Have custom explosion properties
- Spawners (Item) - Set the item to spawn
- Spawners (Potions) - Set the potion that spawns
- Command Blocks - Custom Alias with colours etc
- Command Blocks - Custom give where you can create your item and then convert it all its data to a /give command that command blocks accept (this includes converting nbt data to text)
- Villager - Create custom shops
- Villagers - Change their profession