Magic Cookies is a mod that expands on the adventure of Thaumcraft 4.
This mod is compiled against Minecraft 1.7.10, forge 1231, Thaumcraft 188.8.131.52 and Baubles 184.108.40.206(Baubles comes automatically with Thaumcraft so usually you don't have to worry about that)
I'm not really sure where this mod will lead too eventually but until then it adds some new challenges for you adventurers to explore, for builders some nice blocks and for tinkerers some nice new tools and for alchemists some yummy cookies.
In the image below you can see a quick summary of the main features of the mod. There aren't that many items or blocks, but they all have their own special things.
A basic summary of some of the things added(don't think this is a comprehensive list... I'm way to lazy for that :P) Important to remember though... I built this mod for the tinkering figuring out types. You will have to experiment with a lot of things to get everything or figure out what does what because I might have been somewhat cryptic in my descriptions...
- Cookies! more cookies! yummy cookies! Mana beans are unpredictable... but what if you'd mix them with a nice chocolate chip cookie hmmhhh.... Might turn out great, might turn out as a disaster...
- Golems... They have evolved! One has grown at peace with his inner self. Focusing on the higher wisdoms of life instead of labor. Another has grown fondly attached to you... some would say overly attached... and one... we shall not speak of the void golem... he creeps me out.
- Shears of the shepherd, for when you want to take your pets flying in your thaumostatic harness.
- Magic ice.. tough durable ice in which you can encase your enemies with the Heart of Ice focus
- Grog... drink it, meet your drinking buddies, speak slurred language(the slurred language doesn't work on cauldron :( let me know if there are vanilla forge servers where it doesn't work either.) become drunk and hear and see things. Grog is great!
- Fences.... walls, blocks, slabs... let your inner designer go wild
- Golden bars, emerald studded bars, void bars, thaumium bars... you can finally have that creepy or luxurious look you always wanted.
- Ladders... gold, iron, thaumium void... to suit your designing needs
- The one ring to rule them all. It gives a nice vis discount and recharges ALL vis containers in your inventory indefinately. It does not need recharging but be warned... This is not for mere mortals but for very experienced thaumaturges!(or you like wasting resources, that's cool too)
- There are rumors of a big entropy temple in the nether where you can walk in hallways and get lost in them... but those who presevere will find the fabled dechanting table... Be warned though... it will not come easely with you, and to those who use it... it does not take experience to use it... it takes your lifes blood and makes you repulsive. This is only for wise thaumaturges. Shrines to entropy are strewn throughout hell. There is a rumor of a hidden room of loot and tons of quartz at the lava sea shrines... but there might be a cost to pay for all that quartz...
- Void crystal..... infinite storage of a stackable item... just... to figure out how it works....
- Your gain a green thumb when you eat a herba cookie... all those blasted weeds sprouting up all over the place!
- Golems holding items trigger item updates. This means a void crystal will attract its linked item if a golem holds it... there might be some use in that with a hungry chest and a mob trap... go fancy :-)
- Oh... and ehm... you might have to kill a tamed puppy.... it has to do with the void golem... better not to speak about it...
Thanks and things like that
- Special thanks go to Azanor for letting me use his golem code in my mod and for providing Thaumcraft to build on ;-)
- Thanks and gratitude to to _Tydin_ for making the beautiful logo
- Special thanks go to Yanadi who has supported me in the creation of this mod and stood by me patiently whilst I coded this instead of demanding me to be more husband like.
- Thanks to all the people on The Thaumcraft server for suffering the not so perfect earlier versions.
- Thanks to Kartosael for giving the design of the entropy temple segments
- Thanks to the guys at forge who make this this all possible! Keep up the good work
Feel free to use this in a modpack that is free, but please notify me if you include this in a modpack, i'm curious like that :-). Don't charge for this mod or include it in a paid modpack without explicit consent.
Feel free to use this on your server as long as its free. I do love getting notified on which servers use my mod so send me a tweet or message me the link of your server :-)
You can contact me on twitter with @tschallacka or contact me via curseforge profile or on the minecraft forums or via http://thaumcraft.duckdns.org/forum or via my account on minecraftforge.net or via github
© Tschallacka 2015 This mod (plugin, patch to Minecraft source, henceforth "Mod" or "The Mod"), by the terms of http://minecraft.net/terms are sole property of the Mod author (Tschallacka, henceforth "Owner" or "The Owner"). By default it may only be distributed on minecraftforums.net or thaumcraft.duckdns.org by the Owner. They may only be mirrored or reposted with advance written permission of the Owner. URL shorteners or other attempts to make money off The Owner's Mods are strictly forbidden without advance written permission. This mod isn't open source.