A mod that allows you to create and add new items using pure text files.
No dependencies, doesn't need Fabric API.
- Create a new folder called "itemsfromtext" in your .minecraft folder and navigate inside
- For each item make a txt file and a png image. Both files should be named your item's registry name (e.g. ender_pearl)
- Inside the txt file complete one of the example templates below with your own item's data
- For custom namespaces, make a new folder within the main folder and put items in that folder
Crafting recipes can either be shaped or shapeless.
To give your item a custom crafting recipe, add a recipe property.
Recipes must be defined like this:
recipe=shaped,TOP ROW,MIDDLE ROW,BOTTOM ROW,QUANTITY,KEYS or recipe=shapeless,QUANTITY,ITEMS
Recipe for a Furnace:
Recipe for Flint and Steel:
- Each item has a name field that represents the display name of the item.
- Most items (apart from tools) have a stack field which represents the max stack size.
- Optional for all items: "isFireproof" field (true or false) - is the item immune to burning in fire or lava.
- Optional for all items: "cookingTime" field (integer value) - marks the item as a fuel that cooks for the amount of ticks specified.
- Optional for non tool items: "isHandheld" field (true or false) - is the item held like a stick or tool.
- Optional for food items: "isSnack" field (true or false) - is the food consumed quickly.
- Optional for tool items: "repairItem" field - the item that can repair the tool with an Anvil.
- "toolType" - the type of tool (supported are pickaxe, axe, shovel, hoe, sword)