⚠️ Inventory Tweaks is unmaintained
Please explore alternatives for Minecraft versions 1.13 and above!
There are currently no plans to upgrade Inventory Tweaks to Minecraft 1.13+. Due to major changes in the game code and in Forge's API, supporting the newest versions of the game would require a major mod rewrite, which the current maintainers do not have the time for. However, if you have the skill and time to tackle the mod upgrade, or would like to check the original code to make your own implementation, please check out the Github repository over here. We encourage any effort to bring Inventory Tweaks features to the newest Minecraft versions :)
What's this mod about?
This client mod allows you to easily manage your inventory, in both single player and multiplayer. It works out of the box, and will make you gain a massive amount of time!
- It automatically replaces your tools as they break, and item stacks once emptied
- It sorts your inventory and your chests in a single click/keystroke
- It provides lots of powerful shortcuts to move items around
- It allows you to customize entirely the way your inventory is sorted, thanks to clever configuration files
Installing the mod
1. Make sure Forge is installed
2. Put the jar in your mods folder
3. Run the game!
Otherwise, everything is explained on the official website.
Compatibility Inventory Tweaks works with almost any mod, and even allows to sort the most popular mod containers. The main conflicting mod is Convenient Inventory, though there might be others. Note that servers can block InvTweaks from working correctly by using anti-cheat plugins. In the case of NoCheatPlus, "inventory.fastclick" and potentially "combined.improbable" have been reported to cause conflicts with the mod's rapid movement of items.
MagicLauncher Please don't unless you know exactly how to work it. Installing Forge is quite different as of 1.6 and it is extremely easy to mess up if you are not using the Forge installer and the vanilla launcher.
I have a bug to report/suggestion to make!
If you find a bug or have an idea to improve this mod, contribute to the issue list!
I want InvTweaks in my mod pack!
Inventory Tweaks, being under the MIT License, is frequently used in modpacks. Feel free to redistribute it! My only request is to provide a link to either this thread or the mod's website.
I want to contribute!
If you feel like doing some modding, the source code of this mod is freely available here. Feel free to improve it by adding new features or fixing bugs! Some ideas are already listed in the "issues" section.
- to Kobata for his tremendous efforts in the maintaining the mod from 2013 to 2019,
- to cpw and Fostenel for their code contributions,
- to Ahmaz, AJFire and Larandar for their long-time support and feedback,
- to DoingIt and Tain101 for their videos that helped the mod become popular,
- to translators Ryo567 & Aledrobt (Spanish), 0l1vR (German), TH3steven (Dutch), Ezspecial & Ricalou (Portuguese), Hugsim, Doyle3694 & Brott (Swedish), JonathanHertz (Danish), Fishy (Polish), Necrontoend & VADemon (Russian), Ricalou & NTWalker (Japanese), IvyMichael & NTWalker (Chinese), and a few more contributors,
- to Evenprime for his Convenient Inventory mod which inspired this mod,
- And of course to every minecrafter who took the time to report bugs and/or leave supporting comments!