The purpose of this mod is to dial back the hunger system for players that wish to play in a Survival world without having to constantly feed themselves. The mod is designed to be configurable on a per-player basis for SMP servers, so not all players need to be forced one way or the other. This will tilt balance, but whether that is acceptable is up to you.
The mod makes the following functional changes for affected players:
- The hunger bar is fixed at half capacity. This allows sprinting and disables health regen.
- If the player is afflicted with the "hunger" effect, their hunger bar will drop below the sprint threshold.
- If the player is affliced with the "regeneration" effect, their hunger bar will max out.
- Eating food will instantly restore health at half the food value of a given food item. E.g., a cookie will restore a half heart. A cooked porkchop will restore 2 hearts.
The mod will create a configuration file 'hungerstrike.cfg'. It has a single config option:
- Mode: How the mod is applied to players. Acceptable values are NONE, LIST, and ALL. Default is LIST.
- NONE: Hunger strike is disabled for all players.
- LIST: Hunger strike is enabled only for players added in-game with the /hungerstrike command.
- ALL: Hunger strike is enabled for all players.
The configration can be modified in-game via commands, as well as directly editing the file.
Links and Resources
Additional information can be found in this mod's MC Forums Thread.
Source code can be found on the mod's GitHub Project page.