Disclaimer: While this mod might look similar to XyCraft, it is not. XyCraft was only an inspiration. All of the assets and code belongs to us, and any texture resembling that of XyCraft was created from scratch.
Be sure to visit our Wiki page.
HEXCraft is a technology and decoration mod inspired by XyCraft. The idea was to bring back similar ideas of block design (we loved it just as much as you did), while still coming up with new ideas and new functionalities. The mod is heavily in a sci-fi tech territory featuring energy transfer, multitanks, chunk loading, beautiful blocks and more!
The mod is still in heavy development, but you are more than welcome to try it! Any help discovering bugs is always welcome!
Features So Far
- Relatively difficult and expensive recipes and scarcity of ore make this a more challenging mod to play. As you will see, this is nothing like XyCraft, both in mechanics, block types and gameplay.
- All blocks and mechanics are based on a lore that we made and we stick to it very strictly.
- Ore world generation featuring glow-in-dark ores and crystal monoliths that use a unique spawning algorithm. This means no pockets of air!
- Unique energy transfer system that uses special HEX energy. Cables are not tile entities and this reduces server strain to a minimum.
- Energy Pylons which use lasers to transport energy within the energy network. They can be toggled with Redstone to use them as switches or maybe even make laser shows.
- Energy conversion system using a multiblock structure that lets you convert between any of the following energy types: HEX, RF, EU (and maybe more in future).
- Multiblock fluid tanks that are made out of HEXCraft blocks. Designed with performance in mind, no checking of the structure is done at all until a block is broken.
- A Hexorium Furnace for smelting ores quicker than with normal furnaces.
- A machine called Crystal Separator that can process Hexorium ore for higher crystal yield, but can also process other mod ores (provided they are gems).
- Personal Teleportation Pad which lets players teleport between two locations.
- A huge variety of unique decorative blocks, including glowing glass, doors, lamps, buttons, switches, pressure plates, etc. featuring 18 different colors (one being a slowly changing rainbow).
- Easy color changing of already placed blocks using a Molecular Transposer tool.
- Reinforcable decorative blocks to Obsidian hardness.
- Compatibility with a wide variety of mods, including Colored Light for making our lamps glow in different colors.
- A Sound Projector block, serving as a customizable sound source.
- Unique multiblock chunk loading system.
Additional Mod Support
- Colored Light
- Industrial Craft 2
- When rapidly turning Energy Pylons ON/OFF, the pylon might flash (appear without a monolith).
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/.
In other words, you are allowed to redistribute the mod in modpacks and use/edit the source code as long as you provide credit.
CelesTek is composed of the following people:
Work on 1.16?
Any chance of stairs? Alternately, a way to make the glowing blocks work with Carpenter Blocks?
In reply to Zsashas:
Sounds like a really nice idea to be honest. It's been on our TODO list for a while now. Maybe in the upcoming version? :)
Ooh, this mod is tight. I can't wait for the 1.12.2 version, I can use this to make my Tron fantasy a reality.
I would love to see this in 1.12. I love the chromatic, glowing blocks in this game.
In reply to gacharose:
My bad, I meant mod not game
In reply to CoffeeMoon05:
Would be nice if there will be something like "HexCraft white edition". The base color of things(like doors, windows) is black. Would be nice to see a white versions of such blocks!
In reply to resuzqx:
Hah, this comment is from 2018, but white blocks are now implemented!
That Sound Projector block is amazing. I see you have no plans to port the mod because of lighting/glow stuff, but could you port the Sound Projector to 1.12.2 as a standalone thing?
In reply to Mikki_m8:
In reply to CelesTekTeam:
Man, those "glow in the dark textures" especially with the lasers...
You by any chance checked out ProjectX 2? It got the "glow in the dark" textures working in 1.12.2 however there isn't any cables or those lasers in that mod currently, as far as I know.
Unless... you already looked at it, I dunno.
In reply to just_some_user:
In reply to CelesTekTeam:
you planning to update to later versions of MC?
In reply to 10xephos01:
In reply to CelesTekTeam:
In reply to Resuzx:
Could there be an option to convert XyCraft items on startup? I want to use this to replace it, but have XyCraft items in my world. I need this since XyCraft and ExtraUtils cannot be together on a server.
I don't care about the advanced machines being converted since I have not made any of those yet. Just basic things like the ores in the world and my crystals would be good.