Basically, this mod will spawn a chest at you death location and keep all your items in there. It was based on NightKosh's GraveStone mod, Dr.Cyano's Lootable Bodies mod and Tyler15555's Death Chest mod.
There are some worthwhile features that differs from those mods:
1) An Awakened Guardian Chest must be in your main inventory when you die, so it will keep your inventory saved (this can be disabled in config file so you don't need to craft it).
2) You can craft a Bound Guardian Chest too if you want it to spawn near your spawn location when you die. Really convenient, uh?
3) The chest is unbreakable, and will only be opened by the owner for a while after his death. After 5 minutes, anyone can open it (this period can be changed in config file). When opened, it instantly disappear in a cloud of smoke and drop all items kept inside.
4) You can make all enchanted items "soulbound" via config file (i.e: it will spawn in your inventory after death).
5) Define the distance from its spawn point it will search a free spot to spawn.
Compiled for Forge 10.3.13.1388-1.7.10 for Minecraft 1.7.10, using Java 8.
The following mods are meant to work with Guardian Chests:
- Ars Magica 2 (Soulbound equipment will return);
- Advent of Ascension (aka: Nevermine 2) (will work and make Ars Magica/Ender IO soulbinding work too);
- Battlegear (Equipped weapons will be saved too, if soulbound will stay in slot);
- Baubles (Equipped weapons will be saved too, if soulbound will stay in slot);
- EnderIO (Soulbound equipment will return);
- Galacticraft (Galacticraft inventory will be saved too, if soulbound will stay in slot);
- RpgInventory (RpgInventory will be saved too, if soulbound will stay in slot);
- Thaumcraft (Every item added have aspects);
- The Camping Mod (Camping inventory will be saved too);
- Tinker's Construct (Tinker's Construct inventory will be saved too);
- Twilight Forest (Charms of Keeping will work as intended);
- All "inventory inside the item" mods, like backpacks mod and mariculture, items will be kept inside the container, and the container will be saved inside the Guardian Chest. I could use some feedback on these, but as far as I tested, it will work just fine, including Soulbound enchantment.
Since this was based on NightKosh's GraveStone mod, Dr.Cyano's Lootable Bodies mod and Tyler15555's Death Chest mod, I want to thank the authors for making their source code open and available. Any of this wouldn't be possible without them, specially NightKosh for all the mod compatibility source code. Thank you!
Want to know more? Read about this mod in its Minecraft Forum Thread!