Since many are currently having difficulty starting their FORGE servers with server-hosters,
I wrote this small JAR file, which takes over the functions of the .sh or .bat files..
The following make the JAR file
- check if the "libraries" folder exists
- check for a FORGE version in the "libraries" folder
- Open the Windows or Linux arguments file, depending on your system.
- start the server with the already given Java-arguments and those of FORGE
- continuously check if the server is still online
- Output the complete console of the started server
- Passing commands to the server via the console
What is planned:
- automatically create eula.txt for faster startup
- restart the server faster with the command /restart, directly from the forge server launcher
Any other suggestions feel free to write in the comments
How to install all this? (For example on Nitrado.net)
- Upload the Forge-Files (only the "libraries"-Folder)
- Upload the Forge-Server-Starter and rename to eg. "minecraft_server.jar"
- create an empty server.properties
- set Java to 16 in Settings > General
- Start your Server and enjoy Forge 1.17.x