What is FeedPack?
FeedPack is a free feedback, support, bug reporting and update checker system for Minecraft modpacks.
Which features does it have and will it have?
It currently has:
- Bug reports
- Informations about the commands on join (Can be disabled)
- Multiple modpacks per person
- Not having to distribute the modpack author's email address in the config
- Update checker
- Crash reporter (Maybe)
- Email notifications
- Two factor authentication
- Delete data
- Mark data as read
How can I use it?
- Create an account at https://feedback.thedragonteam.net/dashboard/ (yes, feedback is correct)
- Add the mod to your modpack, start it one time and open the config
- Change the option S:author to the email address displayed in the top right corner of the dashboard
- Change the option S:modpackName to your modpack's name
- Change the option S:modpackVersion to your modpack's version
- If you don't want the commands to be displayed on join set B:notifyOnJoin to false
- Distribute your modpack
- Wait for your users to submit data
- See the data in the dashboard
How does it work?
If a user submits data (using commands) the mod sends it to the FeedPack API which adds it to the FeedPack database. If the author opens the dashboard the FeedBack Frontend retrieves the data (for the modpacks of the author) from the database and shows it in the dashboard.
Where is the data stored and where are the servers located?
FeedPack is mainly powered by Microsoft Azure (datacenter US East 1). The website, backend and database is running there. That means the data (but authentication data) is stored there. The authentication data is stored at Auth0. There is also a reverse proxy running on one of our servers (Texas, US) but no data is stored there.