This is the Forge version of the popular Dynmap plugin for Bukkit. For support and details, see https://reddit.com/r/Dynmap
A Google Maps-like map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in a browser. Easy to set up when making use of Dynmap's integrated webserver which works out-of-the-box, while also available to be integrated into existing websites running on Apache and the like. Dynmap can render your worlds using different renderers, some suitable for performance, some for high detail.
Components allow you to add/remove functionality to make Dynmap suit your needs. Using the components Dynmap comes supplied with, there is support for chat balloons, web-to-game chat, and configurable markers, areas, and lines.
- Highly configurable maps per world
- Real-time updates: maps are kept in sync with your world in real-time, updates are shown while your leave your browser open
- Players with their faces are visible on the map
- Chat messages are visible (as balloons or in a chatbox) on the map.
- Map viewers can chat to players in-game.
- Current Minecraft time is visible on the map.
- Current Minecraft weather is visible on the map.
- Overall highly configurable and customizable.
- Rendering support for dozens of popular Minecraft Mods
Copy the appropriate Dynmap-*-forge-*.jar in your mods directory. If you are upgrading, remove the older Dynmap-*.zip file. BE SURE TO USE THE RIGHT VERSION OF DYNMAPFORGE - IT MUST MATCH THE RELEASE OF MC ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR FORGE-BASED SERVER. This is due to the version specific obfuscation for each Minecraft server release:
- Dynmap-*-forge-1.9.4.jar is for MC 1.9.4 (Forge)
- Dynmap-*-forge-1.9.jar is for MC 1.9 (Forge)
- Dynmap-*-forge-1.8.9.jar is for MC 1.8.9 (Forge)
- Dynmap-*-forge-1.8.0.jar is for MC 1.8.0 (Forge)
- Dynmap-*-forge-1.7.10.jar is for MC 1.7.10 (Forge)
- Dynmap-*-forge-1.6.4.jar is for MC 1.6.4 (Forge or MCPC-Plus)
If you are running a separate webserver (like Apache) copy the files from 'dynmap/web/' to a directory in your http-root and follow this guide. When upgrading, make sure you also upgrade the copied files.
First time use ===
When you start the Minecraft, you should be able to navigate to http://yourserverip:8123/ in your browser. In case you are running Minecraft on the PC you are currently working on, you can navigate to http://localhost:8123/. You should be able to see the players who are in-game. Note that the map is not yet rendered, therefore the background will be black.
If you are planning on using the HD renderer, now would be a good time to do so. Enable 'deftemplatesuffix: hires' in the top of configuration.txt. More information about deftemplatesuffix is available at Base plugin settings.
If you just want to see Dynmap work, use the following command in-game: /dynmap fullrender. The wiki contains more information about commands and permissions. The map should reveal itself gradually in the browser, give it some time. Progress messages indicate that Dynmap is working and will show when the render is completed.
Donations and Tips ===
Dynmap and my other mods and plugins have always been free, as I work on them as time permits and not as a job - the upside is that the price is good, the downside is they get the time I have left after working, taking care of my family, and other things!
I've set up a coffee-fund jar (I believe in the theory that software developers are machines that turn caffeine into code), for anyone who wants to throw in some tips! Via Patreon