This mod REQUIRES bspkrsCore to be installed as well: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/bspkrscore
Want to know what magnetic direction you are facing without installing fancy maps or trying to figure it out from the Debug GUI? DirectionHUD is for you!
DirectionHUD displays your magnetic compass heading at the top of your screen.
- NEW: use the command /directionhud config to open the in-game config GUI!
- just a simple compass display
- configurable alignment on your screen
- x and y offset options
- multiple styles to choose from
- add your own style to the default png or make a custom png file
- version update checking (never miss an update)
Helpful tutorial and spotlight by DonkeyPanic:
Setting up custom compass styles:
By default 4 compass styles are provided (up to 10 will fit in the image file):
The indices start at 0 (the top compass is index 0). In the default image file the second and fourth styles are clear with white lettering (hard to see above). If you want to edit the PNG file (/gui/compass.png) to add your own styles, just copy one of the existing styles, paste it below the others, and edit it as you see fit. Each stye is 24 pixels tall (2 rows X 12 pixels) and 192 pixels wide. Currently the size of the compass HUD is locked to 65x12 (meaning that you will only see 65x12 on your in-game screen), but I plan to add configurable sizing in the future.