Item magnets are very helpful when mining, however they can disrupt item-based automation, such as the Atomic Reconstructor from Actually Additions. The Demagnetizer is a solution to this, which prevents item magnets from functioning within an area around them.
Demagnetizers can also be filtered or redstone controlled, so that they only activate when necessary. The Advanced Demagnetizer has a larger range and more filter slots.
Mod compatibility for 1.12
- Thermal series - Fixed completely with version 5.5.1 (minor bug previously)
- Actually Additions
- Botania - Requires r1.10-362 or newer
- Draconic Evolution - Fixed with version 22.214.171.1249
- Ender IO - Fixed completely with version 5.0.43 (minor bug previously)
- Simple Magnet - Fixed with version 1.2.11
- Not Enough Items 1.8+ - Fixed with version 126.96.36.199
- Quantum Flux - Fixed with version 2.0.17
- Pickle Tweaks - Fixed with version 2.1.0
- Better Magnets
- Tiered Magnets
- GregTech Classic - Fixed with version 1.0.3
Mod compatibility for 1.14
Mods that are compatible for 1.12 are likely to also be compatible for 1.14 when they are ported to 1.14.
- Gobber 2
- Ring of Attraction
- Tiered Magnets
- Ender Magnet
- Enigmatic Legacy
For mod developers
If your mod has an Item Magnet, do not pick up items if the PreventRemoteMovement NBT tag exists on the EntityItem.
If your mod has a item collector block (e.g. the Ranged Collector or the Vacuum Chest), do not pick up items if the PreventRemoteMovement NBT tag exists on the EntityItem, but if the AllowMachineRemoteMovement NBT tag exists, ignore the previous NBT tag. This is to ensure that Item Magnets do not pick up items on conveyors or demagnetized items, while also ensuring that item collector blocks are not restricted by the Demagnetizer.