Creepers were actually intimidating in Alpha when the grass was, like them, that familiar vivid green, but ever since biomes were introduced, their color remained the same.
They are easy to spot and therefore very easy to avoid. This mod aims to fix that by changing their colors depending on their surroundings.
Bug reports, feedback and feature requests welcome :)
(didn't have time to take better ones but you get the point)
New in 1.4: Resource Pack support!
GitHub (feel free to star me if you want, for the ~20 hours I've spent on this :)
- 1.1: Creepers take the color of the block they're standing (so it'll work for caving), as opposed to the biome's main color.
- 1.2: Feature above is now a config option so that you can go back to just using grass (biome) colors.
- 1.3: Wall colors included, now Creepers will blend with blocks next to them as well as under them.
- 1.3.1: Fixed Issue #1 where chests would sometimes render weirdly (issue was only in 1.9)
- 1.4: Resource Pack support! Creeper textures from every resource pack now work.
Fixed a coloring bug with Tall Grass.
- 1.4.1: Fixed bug when Creepers fell from the air without any block near them.
By HelldogMadness (Spanish)
This video by SimplySarc:
All rights reserved.
You can modify this mod. If you want to release it, please report in this thread.
You can use this mod in your videos.
You have my permission to include this mod in private and public modpacks so long as you do not make money from hosting or distributing the modpack.