Killing an animal nets barely a few bits, maybe some meat and a few leathers, and then the rest just disappears. Such a waste!
Butchercraft changes that by adding a butchering system. It goes through every step from slaughter to cooking, netting much more than before by breaking down the entire animal.
- Forge - This is a Forge only mod.
- Farmer's Delight - Butchercraft is heavily integrated with Farmer's Delight and thus requires it.
- Butcherknife - A razor sharp blade made to swiftly slaughter an animal and cut through meat.
- Meathook - A set of metal hooks along a bar to hang carcasses from. Makes butchery easier especially with large creatures.
- Drying Rack - A simple set of shelves that dry items out by leaving them in the open air.
- Food! - Tons of new types of meat and recipes to go with them.
The following things can be edited and added to via JSON datapacks:
- Meathook - Uses a somewhat complex system to load a block or item model then animate them. Takes a single item, outputs loot tables.
- Butcher Knife - Uses a loottable, activated when right clicking on specified entity.
- Drying Rack - Nearly identical to a cooking recipe. One item in, one item out.
- Q: Can I use this in my modpack?
- A: Of course! Just follow the rules of the license, don't rehost the jar, and don't claim the mod as your own.
- Q: Can you backport?
- A: No, never ask a modder that.