Borderless Mining changes the fullscreen option to use a borderless window that fills the screen. This allows you to have Minecraft open on one monitor, while using other programs on another monitor - as normally Minecraft minimises when you unfocus it. This mod also adds the Borderless Windowed option to the Video Settings screen, so you can easily disable the mod ingame, and has a configuration menu accessible through Mod Menu.
Works on vanilla servers, and modded servers without the mod installed!
This mod is a rewrite of a Forge 1.12 mod, Fullscreen Windowed (Borderless), however it used to be a fork of that mod (which the 1.12 version of this mod is) - see the bottom of this page for the original description.
See Borderless Window by nekeras if you're looking for a similar mod for Forge 1.14+.
- Minecraft 1.13+ uses LWJGL 3, which completely changes how window management works.
- It technically uses borderless fullscreen when your fullscreen mode is the same as your display mode (Fullscreen Resolution: Current), but when you unfocus the screen it minimises.
- GLFW provides a way to disable this functionality with a window hint, GLFW_AUTO_ICONIFY, but this just makes a window that is atop all other windows!
- Therefore, this mod makes the normal fullscreen setting (controllable with a slider) use a window with no borders that covers the entirety of the current window. (although this can be configured)
- Unfortunately, this has slightly worse performance than the normal borderless fullscreen mode.
- On Mac, this mod is disabled by default, as it is impossible to position the window above the menu bar.
- This mod fixes a couple bugs: MC-175431 MC-175437
- Other related Mojira bugs include: MC-158117 MC-175233 MC-168675
Old 1.12.2 mod description:
This is the latest released version (1.6.0) of the mod Fullscreen Windowed (Borderless) by hancin for MC 1.12-1.12.2, plus a fix for window resizing by me, compiled by Brycey92. This fork will be obsolete if this PR is merged.
This fixes the bug where the window is not resizable after exiting fullscreen. This is a bug in LWJGL, and is fixed by Fullscreen Fix and in current versions of Forge. However, the existing fixes are not applied to Fullscreen Windowed (Borderless), so this fork fixes it in that mod.
See the original Github post by Brycey92 here.
The 1.12.2 build is licensed under the following license:
Copyright (c) 2015-2017, David Larochelle-Pratte
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.