Better Muffling adds one block, the Muffling Block. This block muffles sounds nearby.
Set the sound levels based on the given Minecraft sound categories.
- Except for the Master and Music category
Set the range to specify how big the sphere shaped area should be.
- Minimum: 2 Blocks, Maximum default: 16 Blocks
- The maximum block range can be specified in the config file (1.12: bettermuffling.cfg|1.14+: bettermuffling-common.toml)
With the private mode, only the placer of the muffling block can adjust the values and break the block.
- Block breaking prevention only in 1.14+
Indicator that shows if you are in a muffled area or not.
- Can be disabled in the config file (1.12: bettermuffling.cfg|1.14+: bettermuffling-client.toml)
All the sound levels as well as the range and the private mode setting will be saved on the block on breaking it.
- To remove the saved data on the block just put it in a crafting table.
- Advanced Muffle Block can mute or exclude specific sounds of a sound category.
- The listen button enables the listening for specific sounds to add these to the white or black list of the advanced muffle block.
- Shift + Right click with the Advance Upgrade Item on a Muffling Block to upgrade it to an Advanced Muffle Block.
Use the issues tab above or this link for bugs, issues or new feature suggestions.
Fell free to use this mod in your modpack. I would love to hear in which modpack you are gone use it, so just send me a short message :)