ChatColor allows players to change the color and style of their chat to many different things! Color your chat in over 16 million different colours, with all Minecraft colors, modifiers and hex colours supported!
Thank you so much for 200,000 downloads!!
- Change the color of yours or another player's chat to a huge variety of options.
- Now supporting hex colours, allowing you to use over 16 million colours!
- Choose exactly what you want to use, and type one single command to use it.
- This plugin supports all the Minecraft colors as well as the modifiers, giving a wide range of customisation.
- Choose up to four different modifiers for your color.
- Use the new color selection GUI to change your color with ease!
- Rainbow chat color allows you to have a color pattern for your messages!
- Not only that, but you can change the colors in the pattern to whatever you like.
- Now also supporting console commands - have a donor purchase? Why not add a chat color? :)
- Useful help commands to sort out any problems you might run in to.
- Easy to use permissions to restrict specific colors and modifiers, or allow all of them with wildcard permissions.
- A permission for every color and every modifier, as well as every command!
- PlaceholderAPI support, with some useful placeholders if you want to use this plugin with your server.
- This plugin is fully customisable! What does that mean? Well:
- You can change nearly all of the messages in the plugin in the config!
- As well as this, change cooldowns, join message, notifications and more.
- A helpful and friendly author - I am here if you need help. If you have any bugs to report, or any questions, ask away in the comments below! :)
Note: See below for help on commands, permissions, colors, modifiers and settings!
- <value> = Required value.
- [value] = Optional value.
- /chatcolor [player/confirm] <color/default> [modifiers] - Change yours or a player's chat color!
- Note: Please see here for information on hex colours! The format is like so: #RRGGBB, where each character after the # must be a number or letter between 0-9 and a-f.
- /chatcolor permissionshelp - Shows permissions help!
- /chatcolor settingshelp - Shows settings help!
- /chatcolor reload - Reloads all configs, use this if you changed something while the server was running.
- /chatcolor reset - Use with caution, resets configs to the default!
- /chatcolor set - Changes one of the many settings! (See below for details)
- /chatcolor confirm - Confirms a setting change.
- /chatcolor custom <add/remove/list> [name] [color] - Adds, removes or lists custom colours. You can use these to give groups a chat color.
- /chatcolor - Shows your current chat color.
- /chatcolor gui - Opens the color selection GUI.
- /chatcolor available - Shows your available colours and modifiers.
- /chatcolor commandshelp - Shows command help! You can also use /chatcolor help.
|command-name||Changes the base command to whatever you want!|
|color-override||Changes whether ChatColor overrides '&' color symbols in messages.|
|confirm-timeout||Changes the time that players get when making a decision.|
|default-color||Changes the color that all players get when joining (also one-time sets all players).|
|join-message||Changes if players are told their color when joining.|
|notify-others||Changes whether players are told if their chat color is changed by someone else.|
|rainbow-sequence||Changes the colors in the rainbow chat color pattern.|
|auto-save||Changes whether the plugin will auto-save to files every 5 minutes, in case of a crash.|
|save-interval||Sets the time interval, in minutes, between saves.|
|force-custom-colors||Changes whether the plugin will force custom colours to be used.|
Colors & Modifiers:
- 0 or black
- 1 or dark.blue
- 2 or green
- 3 or dark.aqua
- 4 or red
- 5 or purple
- 6 or gold
- 7 or grey
- 8 or dark.grey
- 9 or blue
- a or light.green
- b or aqua
- c or light.red
- d or magenta
- e or yellow
- f or white
- All hex colours, in the format #RRGGBB
- k or obfuscated
- l or bold
- m or strikethrough
- n or underlined
- o or italic
|Grants a player all ChatColor permissions. Please note that you cannot use a custom colour if you have this permission!|
|Allows a player to use /chatcolor and /chatcolor cmdhelp.|
|Allows a player to use & color codes in the chat.|
|Allows a player to use hex codes to color their chat (allows ALL colors!).|
|Allows a player to use /chatcolor gui.|
|chatcolor.color.*||Allows a player to use all colors.|
|chatcolor.color.||Allows a player to use color.|
|chatcolor.modifier.*||Allows a player to use all modifiers.|
|chatcolor.modifier.||Allows a player to use a modifier.|
|chatcolor.change.*||Allows a player to change everyone's chat color.|
|chatcolor.change.self||Allows a player to change their own color.|
|chatcolor.admin||Allows a player to use all admin commands.|
|chatcolor.custom.||Sets a group/player's custom colour.|
Note: You must use either numbers or letters found above for the colors and modifiers permissions except 'chatcolor.color.rainbow'.
Here are the different placeholders you can use for this plugin:
|%cc_full_color%||Returns the full color of a player. Can then be used to colorise text after it. Note: Rainbow colours will not be displayed!|
|%cc_full_color_text%||Returns the full color of a player, as text. e.g. Red, Bold.|
|%cc_color%||Returns the color only (no modifiers) of a player.|
|%cc_color_text%||Returns the color only, as text.|
|%cc_modifiers%||Returns the modifiers only (no color) of a player.|
|%cc_modifers_text%||Returns the modifiers only, as text.|
|%cc_<color/modifier>_available||Returns either 'gui-available' or 'gui-unavailable' from the messages.yml, based on if the player has the necessary permission. e.g. %cc_a_available%|
- Plugin showcase by Barbercraft! :)
This plugin uses bStats to collect some statistics about usage of the plugin and sends them to https://bstats.org/. This can be disabled by changing 'stats' in the config.yml to false. The statistics sent include Version Demographics, Server/Player Statistics, Server Location, Operating System etc. The stats available to the public are Version Demographics, Server Location, Rank, Java Version and Global Statistics. These are viewable at https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/ChatColor2.
- Temporary Chat Color - Allows for server owners to give temporary chat colours to players.
- ChillerKraft - Thank you so much for your ideas and for pointing out things I have missed :D
- VNMineND & SoptikHa2 - Thank you both for the idea of more modifiers!
- chaosworlds - Thank you for the idea of a GUI!
- Minecraftfan105 - Thank you for the idea of custom messages!
- iHaydennn - Thank you for the idea of customisable rainbow chatcolor!
- OrbitStorm88 - Thank you for the idea of console command support!
- HazyCraft - Thank you for the idea of MySQL Database support! (Sorry it isn't being added rn :c)
- V3rtexITA - Thank you for the idea of a command to show available colors!
Want to be on the list? Suggest something down below!
- If you find any bugs, please report them! Reports are very helpful so that I know what I'm doing wrong and what I need to fix!
- Either post a comment below, or make a ticket if you find one. Thanks!