Mostly this pack will be of interest to you because it brings stock spaceplane parts (and those from a few mods) into line with the balance from B9 Aerospace, since I use the same spreadsheets to generate the numbers for both.
This pack contains the stuff I add to KSP to make flying spaceplanes fun for me.
Wings, jet engines, spacecraft fuselages, all of the spaceplane stuff is rebalanced the way I like it. The balance is heavily towards realism. In general this makes things a bit harder.
There's also a few custom parts for things I thought were missing, as well as parts by other modders who were kind enough to let me include them. Its a big of a hodgepodge, really.
This pack doesn't touch (for the most part) non-spaceplane parts. I suggest you grab the Stock Rebalance mod to get everything else nicely balanced as well. Squad is still busy adding features, so they're not too concerned with balance polish yet.
And before you ask, I don't use Tweakscale because to bend it to my will is a major undertaking, and because it chokes hard on switchable fuel tanks, powered by FireSpitter or ModularFuelTanks/RealFuels.
Since this mod adds switchable fuel tanks to all stock and SP+ fuselages, don't scale those parts or very strange things will happen.
Rescaled and variant stock parts
- Tailfin (2 sizes).
- AV-R8 Winglet (2 sizes).
- Delta-Deluxe Winglet (2 sizes).
- Swept Wing (5 sizes).
- Landing Gear (3 sizes).
- 0.625m (probe size) diameter Mk1 spaceplane fuselages, jet engines, intakes and nacelles.
- Heavier, stronger small hardpoint actually able to support an engine.
- Faster, heavier, far more power-hungry sort-of-balanced racing versions of the medium wheels, with torque curves based on the Tesla Roadster.
- 1.25m Cubic and Octo Strut.
- 0.625m Girders & Adapter.
- Mk2 and Mk3 alternate adapters (flat upper side rather than lower).
- Mk2 to 2xMk1 BiCoupler.
- Asymmetrical Airplane Tail fuselage part.
- High supersonic range ramjet engine.
- SR-71 style shock cone intake.
- UAV probe core with internal camera view, pan & zoom.
- 2 very small UAV/Ultralight-size jet engines.
- Conformal RCS tanks in 2 sizes.
- Lots of extra wings.
- A stronger, longer strut to lash it all together.
- All wings and control surfaces balanced to vary in lift/drag/mass/connection strength realistically but still be in the stock value range.
- All spaceplane fuselages actually given sensible, scaled values for mass/capacity/connection strengths.
- All jet engines given pseudo-realistic Isp and Speed curves. Its not AJE, but at least its not fairyland.
- All intakes tweaked to have proper drag per intake area.
- All rover wheels have had their speed and steering curves redone for a smoother driving experience. The motors now behave roughly like real induction motors, and are generally much better at climbing inclines.
- All landing gear have had their impact and connection strength values adjusted. They're still floppy, but its better than nothing.
- Quite a few parts with visibly wrong attach nodes have had their attach node positions tweaked.
- Spaceplane fuselage parts now have switchable fuel tanks, powered either by Firespitter (included) or ModularFuelTanks/RealFuels.
- Additional spaceplane fuselage versions that varied only in resource contents - from previous versions of TVPP, and the structural MK1 - have been hidden from the parts list and tech tree.
Edits to mods:
- NovaPunch2's winglets have had their mass/cost/lift/drag/connections redone. They also now support FAR|NEAR.
- Spaceplane+'s wings have had their mass/cost/lift/drag/connections redone. Some errors in the provided FAR/NEAR files have been fixed.
- SP+'s fuselages have had their mass/cost/connection/capacity redone. The Fuel versions now have switchable fuel tanks powered by Firespitter (included) or ModularFuelTanks/RealFuels. The previously dry fuselage sections now have switchable FS/MFT/RF fuel tanks too.
- SP+ fuselages rendered redundant by the above are hidden from the parts list and tech tree.