zer0Kerbal, originally by
adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo
About the pack by
The goal was to make the parts to build shuttles by only using this pack, stock parts and maybe other parts like B9 aerodynamic parts.
The engines are can combined with bi-, tri-, and quad-couplers (strut the stronger X3 engine). A NASA shuttle-like appearance can be achieved with the tricoupler.
The two weaker engines allow orbital maneuvers because the shuttle main engines will be useless after dropping the main tank moves the center of mass into the vessel. The OMS drives are useless in atmosphere.
The fuel tanks come in four sizes, allowing various asymmetric shuttle-alike rockets.
Fuel flow breakers balance tank center of mass (CoM) which must carefully: your tank's weight and vertical position, along with your engines' and boosters' power, determine your CoM's alignment with your center of thrust. The engines' large gimballing stabilizes craft.
The main engines fly crooked with the CoM right above them and at full throttle overheat.
- twelve (12) engine parts
- X0, X2 and X3 Space Shuttle Engines
- X4 Linear Aerospike Engine in four sized (1.25m, 1.875m, 2.5m and 3.75m)
- Orbital Maneuvering System (OMS) Engine
- Double - Orbital Maneuvering System (OMS) Engine
- Shuttle Shoulders attachment point for OMS
- Two big 2.5m engines. One can rotate (check action groups and context menu)
- sixteen (16) tank parts
- Four tank shapes in four different sizes (16 parts in total)
- six (6) other parts
- Two fuel controllers for controlling fuel lines' flow
- Radial mount for shuttle engines
The example craft are supposed to give you an idea how to setup the engines, fuel controllers, tracks, etc.
- Atlantis and Endeavor require Procedural Wings and B9 Part Switch.
- Explorer requires B9 Part Switch.
- your translation here
- Compatibility patches
- Contracts for these glorious parts
- Sample crafts/subassemblies
- Variant textures and model updates (add/improve: lights, iva, hatches et al)
- Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
- Translations: See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quickstart guide. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
- Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.
Most recent releases only available via CurseForge/OverWolf Website/App
- Klockheed Martian Ltd (KML)
- Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP)
- Biomatic (BIO)
- Docking Port Descriptions (DPD)
- Exception Detector (EXCD)
- Field Training Facility (FTF)
- Field Training Lab (FTL)
- GPO (Goo Pumps & Oils') Speed Pump (GPO)
- Kaboom! (BOOM)
- Mkerb Science Instruments
- Near Future Rovers (NFR)
- OhScrap! (OHS)
- On Demand Fuel Cells (ODFC)
- Precise Maneuver (PM)
- Pteron (MSRV)
- ScrapYard (SCRAP)
- SimpleConstruction! (SCON)
- SimpleLife! (LIFE)
- SimpleLogistics! (SLOG)
- SimpleNotes! (NOTE)
- Stock Inline Lights (SIL)
- by Axial Aerospace
- Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KJR)
- TweakScale (twk)
- Procedural Wings
- Fuel Switchers
- ModularManagement (MM) or Module Manager
parts, control, graphics
red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date
Credits and Special Thanks
Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)
Author (1) -
Original (ROOT) (0) - Author:
All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
see Notices for more legal Mumbo Jumbo
How to support this and other great mods by
Comment, click, like, share, up-vote, subscribe
Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help out a lot!
and it is true.