Soviet Протон (Proton) expendable launch system/delivery vehicle (35 ton LKO)
zer0Kerbal, originally by BobCat
adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo
Features by BobCat
- Simple rocket, no plugins, good lifting capability.
- Low memory usage.
- Able to lift all MIR modules to LKO with little hassle.
- Low fidelity model, but easy on performance.
Preamble by Wikipedia
Proton Протон, IPA: [prɐˈton] (formal designation: UR-500) is an expendable launch system used for both commercial and Russian government space launches. The first Proton rocket was launched in 1965. Modern versions of the launch system are still in use as of 2022, making it one of the most successful heavy boosters in the history of spaceflight. The components of all Protons are manufactured at the Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center factory in Moscow and Chemical Automatics Design Bureau in Voronezh, then transported to the Baikonur Cosmodrome, where they are assembled at Site 91 to form the launch vehicle. Following payload integration, the rocket is then brought to the launch pad horizontally by rail, and raised into vertical position for launch.
As with many Soviet rockets, the names of recurring payloads became associated with the launch vehicle itself. The moniker "Proton" originates from a series of similarly named scientific satellites, which were among the rocket's first payloads. During the Cold War, it was designated the D-1/D-1e or SL-12/SL-13 by Western intelligence agencies.
Launch capacity to low Earth orbit is about 22.8 tonnes (50,000 lb). Geostationary transfer capacity is about 6.3 tonnes (14,000 lb). Commercial launches are marketed by International Launch Services (ILS).
In 2013, the rocket was intended to be retired before 2030.
As of June 2018, production on the Proton rocket is ceasing as the new Angara launch vehicle comes on line and becomes operational. No new launch service contracts for Proton are likely to be signed.
- Compatibility patches
- Contracts for these glorious parts
- Sample crafts/subassemblies
- Variant textures and model updates (add/improve: lights, iva, hatches et al)
- Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
- Translations: See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quickstart guide. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
- Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.
- Spanish (Español) - Gracias Fitiales
- your translation here
Most recent releases only available via CurseForge/OverWolf Website/App
- The collection of BobCat Industries (BOB)
red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date
Credits and Special Thanks
- BobCat for creating this glorious parts addon!
- DECQ and Dragon01 for continuing (and others)
- see Attribution for more
Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)
Author (Current) (3): -
Original Author (ROOT) (0):
All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
see Notices for more legal Mumbo Jumbo
How to support this and other great mods by
Comment, click, like, share, up-vote, subscribe
Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help me out a lot!
and it is true.