So some time ago, whilst recreating an Apollo mission, I thought to myself "why can't I be viewing this on the same crappy black and white TV that everyone watched the original missions on?" Ah, the nostalgia. Anyway, now you can. Oh, and there's night vision, too.
You can't tell from the stills, but the effects are animated. The film jitters, the scratches roll and the TV static, uh, statics.
I'd like to post a video, but my video production skills are not good. If you make one featuring the plug in, let me know and I'll post a link here.
Unzip the contents of the .zip file into KSP's GameData directory.
Possibly further down the road:
- A thermal camera mode that can be used in conjunction with Deadly Reentry.
- A JJ Abrams camera mode. Lens flares for everyone!
- Windows 32-bit.
- Windows 64-bit. Haven't tested, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.
- Mac. @TheGamingNoobster says it does.
- Linux. Reported to work by @BigFatStupidHead.
- Bind keyboard keys to mode change.
- Add pixelation effect for certain modes.
v0.3 (Dec 20 2014):
- Fixed window placement bug.
- Improved snowy static.
- Added (optional) in-cockpit and map view effects.
- Low and medium resolution textures loaded when appropriate.
- Improved film scratch and dust effects.
- Fixed bug where light boost wasn't reset in map view.
v0.2 (Dec 14 2014):
- All settings are now saved/loaded to a "MovieTime.xml" file.
- Memory leak has been fixed.
- Improved TV imagery.
- Added v-hold roll effect to TV modes.
v0.1 (Nov 30 2014):
- Initial release