Exploration Expansion (LEE)
11 piece add-on planetary exploration parts pack for the LazTek Launch Pack that includes advanced engines, a habitat, fuel tanks and fairings.
NOTE: only the normal textures are included, the 'HD' / 'LD' textures are available to download and use instead. Only one is intended to be used at once, and in fact installing another should replace the existing textures.
zer0Kerbal, originally by
Preamble by LazarusLuan
The LaxTek Exploration Expansion Kit is designed as an add-on for our LazTek Launch Pack, and the included .craft files require the installation of the Launch Pack to load correctly.
Available for download in low, medium and high resolution versions, these mods include replicas of the new SpaceX Dragon V2 capsule and trunk, SpaceX Falcon 9 v1.1 and Falcon Heavy launch platforms, proposed Exploration Expansion, plus special configurations for exploration, asteroid redirection, refueling, colonization and more! Add the SpaceX Exploration Expansion for access to the original DragonRider concept spacecraft.
- A complete living quarters and mobile laboratory solution for extraplanetary exploration.
- Has inflatable living/working area that accomodates 7 kerbalnauts with interior views.
- Aft Dock
- designed to allow docking between Dragon V2 and Dragon Trunk V2 when equipped with Dragon Dock
- Retractable Solar Panel Cover
- Fits over Habitat solar panels and may be toggled open and closed
- Explorer Shield V2
- Protects Dragon Habitat during atmospheric entry, has top decoupler
- Habitat Landing Leg
- Retractable landing gear for Dragon Habitat module, designed to be surface attached in a set of four.
- Short Interstage
- Protective decoupler that allows ARM claw to be installed under the Dragon 2 and Explorer Habitat
- Large upper stage fuel and monopropellant tank for orbital refueling of interplanetary missions
- Solar Array
- A surface-mounted small solar panel array that includes a smaller version of the Dragon Solar Panels hidden behind retractable protective doors and designed to be used with the Falcon tanker for orbital electrical power
- Short Interstage
- Advanced VTOL Engine
- Monopropellant-burning, advanced hybrid engine contained in a 1m cowling, switchable between air-breathing and closed system modes for single stage to orbit spacecraft.
- Has vector thrust that can be switched 90 degrees in two directions.
- NERVA II Nuclear Vacuum Engine
- NASA NERVA II Nuclear vacuum engine, mount and protective cowling designed to be attached to 2.5m upper tank of long-range space vehicles.
- Advanced VTOL Engine
- Monopropellant Tanks
- 200 Small, attachable monopropellant tank for extended use of Draco-engine spacecraft.
- 400 Attachable monopropellant tank for extended use of Draco-engine spacecraft.
LazTek Dragon Explorer V2 - Designed to explore and return from any solid body in the Kerbol system, this ship is set up with an inflatable habitat with living quarters for up to seven Kerbalnauts and a Nerva II long-range nuclear engine for interplanetary travel. The Dragon V2 craft is equipped with an aft dock for use as a lander that can redock with orbiter.
LazTek DragonClaw V2 - Created for asteroid redirect missions, local system small body exploration and colonization, spacecraft and satellite towing and deorbiting. Carries extra monopropellant and uses reverse-mounted claw for towing objects.
LazTek Falcon Tanker - Designed to refuel explorer craft for long-range, interplanetary missions while still in home orbit. Uses specialized upper tank that carries regular and monopropellant fuel.
- DragonRider Demonstration Flight
- Falcon 9 Reusability Demonstration
- Falcon Heavy Reusability Demonstration
- 3.75m Payload Bay Demonstration
- Stock Balance Pass - can 50 kerbals actually fit in the pod?
- Compatibility patches
- RPM/MAS, life support, other
- Update the pod's IVA
- Sample Crafts
- Contracts for these glorious parts
- Variant Textures
- Update the landing legs to use stock leg modules instead of ModuleAnimateGeneric
- Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
- Translations: See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quickstart guide. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
- Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.
- your translation here
Only available on CurseForge Website / OverWolf App
- Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP)
- Biomatic (BIO)
- Docking Port Descriptions (DPD)
- Field Training Facility (FTF)
- Field Training Lab (FTL)
- GPO (Goo Pumps & Oils') Speed Pump (GPO)
- Kaboom! (BOOM)
- Keridian Dynamics (KDVA)
- MoarKerbals (MOAR)
- Not So SimpleConstructon! (NSSC)
- On Demand Fuel Cells (ODFC)
- OScience Laboratories (OSL)
- Papa Kerballini's Pizza (PIZZA)
- Precise Maneuver (PM)
- SimpleConstruction! (SCON)
- SimpleLogistics! (SLOG)
- SimpleNotes! (NOTE)
- Solar Science (SOL)
- Stock Inline Lights (SIL)
- Kerbal Attachment System
- Kerbal Inventory System
- Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
Be Kind: lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your ModMan up to date!
red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date
Credits and Special Thanks
Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)
Current (1) -
see Notices.md for more legal Mumbo Jumbo
Original (0) - Author:
How to support this and other great mods by
Comment, click, like, share, up-vote, subscribe
and it is true.