Colonial Transporter (LCT)
A 50-kerbal, 7 meter capsule designed for the colonization of any planetary body. Accomodates an 8-person crew plus 42 passengers with a PICA-X heatshield built in for atmospheric returns and enough monopropellant on board for a fully-powered soft landing when equipped with UltraDraco engines.
NOTE: only the 'HD' textures are included, the 'normal' and the 'LD' textures are available to download and use instead.
zer0Kerbal, originally by
Preamble by LazarusLuan
LazTek Temporal Anomalies is pleased to announce the availability of our SpaceX Launch Pack, SpaceX Exploration Expansion kit, SpaceX Colonial Transporter and SpaceX Historical Archive for Kerbal Space Program. Available for download in low, medium and high resolution versions, these mods include replicas of the new SpaceX Dragon V2 capsule and trunk, SpaceX Falcon 9 v1.1 and Falcon Heavy launch platforms, proposed Colonial Transporter, plus special configurations for exploration, asteroid redirection, refueling, colonization and more! Add the SpaceX Historic Archive for access to the original DragonRider concept spacecraft.
- Colonial Transporter
- Capsule - A 50-person, 7 meter capsule designed for the colonization of any planetary body. Accomodates an 8-person crew plus 42 passengers with a PICA-X heatshield built in for atmospheric returns and enough monopropellant on board for a fully-powered soft landing when equipped with UltraDraco engines.
- Labratory - 7-meter self-contained laboratory, greenhouse and fuel extraction/refinery facility with top decoupler, batteries, monopropellant and a light ablative heat shield.
- Chute - Large parachute designed to be attached to Colonial Transport spacecraft for emergency and atmospheric planetary soft landings.
- Docking Interstage - 7-meter decoupler and dock
- Landing Leg - Landing leg for Colonial Transporter, designed to be attached radially in two sets of 4.
- Nose Cone - Ejectable nosecone for SpaceX Colonial Transporter capsule.
- Lab Heat Shield - 7-meter PICA-X protective heat shield with bottom decoupler for heavy atmospheric entry of Colonial Transporter Lab.
- Solar Array - Large and efficent retractable solar panel array designed to attach to Colonial Transporter to provide power for long-range space travel.
- Retractable Ladder - Sturdy retractable ladder for lander vehicles.
- Retractable Ramp - Sturdy retractable ramp for habitats and landers.
- Straight Landing Leg - Impact-absorbing landing leg.
- UltraDraco Twin Engine Nacelle with RCS - Next-generation combination of twin UltraDraco engines and RCS control in a nacelle radial mount to attach to Colonial Transporter capsule in a set of 4. Using monopropellant for fuel, these are designed to be used as emergency escape thrusters and powered landings as well as providing reaction control.
- UltraDraco Twin Engine Nacelle - Next-generation twin UltraDraco engines and nacelle radial mount to attach to Colonial Transport capsule in an opposing set of 2. Using monopropellant for fuel, these are designed to be used as emergency escape thrusters or for powered landings.
- Docking Ring - Docking port for SpaceX spacecraft, also connects to medium-sized docking ports.
- Large Gridfin - An alternative to standard control fins, a gridfin is designed to remain flat against an outer bulkhead and extend when needed to help steer the vehicle.
- Falcon XX
- Flight Control System - 7m SpaceX Falcon XX remote control system with ASAS/reaction wheel and batteries.
- Interstage - 7m decoupler fairing for first stage of SpaceX Falcon XX launch system.
- Main Tank - 7-meter liquid fuel tank with monopropellant for the first stage of SpaceX Falcon XX launch system.
- Upper Stage Tank - 7-meter upper stage liquid fuel tank with monopropellant for SpaceX Falcon XX launch vehicles.
- Raptor 1A Engine - The massive next-gen SpaceX Raptor 1A primary engine uses liquid methane and oxygen for fuel and is designed for the first stages of the SpaceX Falcon X and Falcon XX launch systems.
- Raptor 1A Vacuum Engine - The huge next-gen SpaceX Raptor 1A vacuum engine uses liquid methane and oxygen for fuel and is designed to propel the upper stages of the SpaceX Falcon X and Falcon XX launch systems, including long-range exploratory vehicles.
- Raptor 1A XX Engine Housing - 7-meter octaweb housing for nine Raptor 1A engines for SpaceX Falcon XX launch vehicles.
- Colonial Transporter
- Ships (.craft)
- LT SpaceX Colonial Transporter - Designed and tested to explore and return from any solid body in the Kerbol system, this vehicle can transport up to 42 passengers and 8 crew members with an inflatable laboratory/greenhouse for permanent colonization. The SSTO (Single Stage To Orbit) Falcon XX first stage uses 9 Raptor 1A engines to reach orbit and return for a soft ocean landing for recovery. The upper stage uses a single Raptor 1A long-range vacuum engine that can be refueled with methane and oxygen mined from other planets and moons.
- Craft Notes
- DragonRider Demonstration Flight
- Falcon 9 Reusability Demonstration
- Falcon Heavy Reusability Demonstration
- 3.75m Payload Bay Demonstration
- Stock Balance Pass - can 50 kerbals actually fit in the pod?
- Compatibility patches
- RPM/MAS, life support, other
- Update the pod's IVA
- New IVA for the lab
- Sample Crafts
- Contracts for these glorious parts
- Variant Textures
- Model updates (add/improve lights, iva, hatches and so forth)
- Update the landing legs to use stock leg modules instead of ModuleAnimateGeneric
- Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
- Translations: See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quickstart guide. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
- Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.
- your translation here
Only available on CurseForge Website / OverWolf App
- LazTek Dev (LTD)
- Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP)
- Biomatic (BIO)
- Docking Port Descriptions (DPD)
- Field Training Facility (FTF)
- Field Training Lab (FTL)
- GPO (Goo Pumps & Oils') Speed Pump (GPO)
- Kaboom! (BOOM)
- Keridian Dynamics (KDVA)
- MoarKerbals (MOAR)
- Not So SimpleConstructon! (NSSC)
- On Demand Fuel Cells (ODFC)
- OScience Laboratories (OSL)
- Papa Kerballini's Pizza (PIZZA)
- Precise Maneuver (PM)
- SimpleConstruction! (SCON)
- SimpleLogistics! (SLOG)
- SimpleNotes! (NOTE)
- Solar Science (SOL)
- Stock Inline Lights (SIL)
- Kerbal Attachment System
- Kerbal Inventory System
- Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
Be Kind: lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your ModMan up to date!
red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date
Credits and Special Thanks
Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)
Current (1) -
see Notices.md for more legal Mumbo Jumbo
Original (0) - Author:
How to support this and other great mods by
Comment, click, like, share, up-vote, subscribe
and it is true.
Connect with me