Dr. Jet's Chop Shop (CHOP)
Dr. Jet's ChopShop is an eclectic collection of special parts for Kerbal Space Program.
Parts are mostly self-explaining - either in Imgur album or in game.
zer0Kerbal, originally by @Dr. Jet
- Here is what you're generally getting:
- Deployable skycrane in two sizes.
- Easy to use modular parachute system.
- Solar panels.
- Multistage Lander tank systems.
- Tiny electric impeller for atmospheric drones.
- Rover Family
- both manned and unmanned
- Also a fix for stock rover body orientation.
- Mk2 spaceplane extension parts - mostly butts and some noses.
- Primitive unmanned soil sampler.
- Antenna replica.
- CubeSat double-dipole
- Real world
- 2.5m hubs.
- Aerodynamic blisters.
- Opening heatshield, allowing protection for your bottom docking port.
- Small tweakable weight to finely balance your tiny probes.
- See our Parts Catalog for part pictures
- For more images, see our Marketing Slicks
- Discussions and news on this mod: See Discussions or KSP Forums
- Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
- Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues
- GitHub Pages : See Pages
Youtube review by
Parts are describes correctly here, which I think is very nice.
They were specially designed to provide asparagus fueling capability to LTS-1 system and not as rover attachments.
Youtube review by
Blister decouplers are for boosters, not for engines.
Also don't follow Kottabos style of attaching LTS Mk1.
- Compatibility patches
- Contracts for these glorious parts
- Variant Textures
- Model updates to Unity 2019
- Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.
HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
Installation Directions 1
Use CurseForge/OverWolf App (currently does not install dependencies)
Whilst I agree CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use zip tools. I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods. Please don't ask me about it but refer to the CKAN mod thread if you are having issues with CKAN or the metadata it maintains. Beware, CKAN can really mess up though it tries very, very, very hard not to.
Engeneering Tech Tree as a temporary patch until it's GitHub source is updated
NEAR-FAR is supported. (Hopefully... haven't checked it for years.)
red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date
Credits and Special Thanks
Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)
Current (1) -
All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
All art assets (textures, models, animations, sounds) are distributed under their own licenses